Thursday, May 7, 2009

After

I made this up this afternoon. I was thinking of a quote to hang in the bathroom. Then I thought of a Veggie Tale movie they have about Self Worth. Self Worth + Mirror = a quote for reassurance!! Every time you look in the mirror are you happy? Are you thankful? Do you put yourself down, or lift yourself up? I thought this quote fit just right! The stars are cut outs from some extra scrapbook paper I had. The frame was taken from another room. Frugal decoration!!
I grabbed this cute silver basket from Target. Then I bought different shades of tan, brown, and black washcloths to use as accent/decoration. I love our new toilet paper holder. I purchased that at Wal Mart.
We found the counter top at Home Depot. I think we purchased this for $30 something. Good deal. I painted the cabinets black and added brushed nickel knobs and hinges. The faucet and mirror were there already. We then put up bead board and put up a chair rail. It's the same trim as the bottom, we just turned it upside down!

19 comments:

Katie staten said...

It looks great! Nice job being so creative and frugal!

val m said...

I love it!! It looks so beautiful! Way to take on a big project!

Jennie and Adam said...

How long did you say it took you guys to pull this off?! It looks amazing!

Lindsey said...

Kasey--this looks so great. Way to get it done quickly too!

Unknown said...

bathroom looks great!

Robyn said...

Gorgeous! I'm seriously impressed!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great job. I love it. Love the colors too.

The Dragonfly said...

What a huge improvement! It looks fantastic Kasey.

Anonymous said...

What a great job you guys did! It doesn't even look like the same room!

Anonymous said...

Looks great Kase!!

Anonymous said...

The bathroom looks awesome. What a change from last weekend! We have the same counter top in our laundry room...love it.
Heather

Liza said...

it looks so pretty!!
GOOD JOB!!
The new counter top looks so nice with the black cabinets.

heidi said...

It looks fantastic, Kasey!!!

Kudos to Q for being a good sport about it all, eh?

Frugal Finds said...

What a fantastic job you did!!I love the frugal artwork!!

Anonymous said...

Looks really nice Kasey! Love the colors you picked. Great job!

Mami Sue said...

Love it Kasey--you are super woman!!

Clenece said...

You guys are AMAZING!!! Awesome work! I can't wait to come over and see it! It looks GREAT....wait better then GREAT!! And you guys did that yourself!! FANTASTIC! YES I am in AWWW! lol

Small House said...

The bathroom turned out great, and in expensive, which is the best!!

The framed thought was adorable. It was perfect to hang in a bathroom.
Have a great day.
Sandra

Mother Hood said...

Wow! Looks great! I'm jealous... ;0)