Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Over 100!






My friend, Mike Laughead illustrated this book, Shoes for Me.
I now have reached 101 followers. To show my thanks and appreciation to all of you,  I am giving away 2 signed copies of Shoes for Me. 

He has beautiful illustrations in this book. My daughter can't put it down. 

You can view a book trailer of it HERE.

All you need to do is leave a comment telling me what your favorite children's book was growing up.

Winner will be chosen Monday, March 14th.


20 comments:

Linkfield Family said...

I want to tell you my favorite book but want someone who doesn't see Mike frequently to win the signed copy.

My favorite book was "Scat Scat" a book about an unwanted stray cat who couldn't find a good home. She encountered all kinds of "meanies" on her journey until finally found a beautiful flower box to nap in which happened to belong to a caring little girl.

Still have it with the original paper cover.

The Kelly Variety said...

Pretty sneaking Kasey, Friday is the 18th, not Monday!

I love his pictures, so cute!

My favorite book was a Sesame Street with Oscar the Grouch telling you not to turn the page.

Clenece said...

What a fun giveaway!! I was just telling nick we need to buy it... Hopefully i will win...=]....My favorite book as a kid was where the wild things are!!!

Sarah G said...

My favorite book was "A Panda Cake." I still remember the beginning. "A panda cake, a panda cake, momma's making a panda cake." I still have my ratty torn original copy somewhere.

http://www.bookapex.com/Panda-Cake-0819309621.htm

The Dragonfly said...

My favorite childrens book was "The Bed Book" by famed author Sylvia Plath. My mom still has the book at her house and my children love reading it too. It is no longer in print and would go for $200 today!

Robin V said...

My favorite was "Go Dog Go" - I loved the idea of partying on top of a tree, and the girl dog with all the different hats, and the dogs in their cars... Second favorite? "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish"

christina said...

first of all the illustrations are amazing! my favorite book, hmm, i think the little golden books. i remember every once in awhile we would be able to pick one out at the grocery store. it was such a treat! right now my kiddo's are obsessed with the lorax and little blue truck. thanks for stopping by my blog and for the chance to win:)

Anonymous said...

Grandfather Twilight had wonderful illustrations that I loved to share with my kids. Nice blog.

Gabby Goss said...

I honestly cannot remember a favorite but I love to read the Dr. Seuss books and Runaway bunny to my daughter each night before bed.

Anonymous said...

My favorite book growing up was definitely Rikki Tikki Tavi. My sister Sue and I had to have it read to us every single night! I bought it for my kids and we also have the movie now :)

Jess W. said...

My favorite book was The Giving Tree and the Sesame Street Dictionary. I also loved all of the Serendipity Books, but especially Trafalgar True and the Muffin Muncher. I love books and I would love a copy of this one. =)

Jess W. said...

Oh and Big Dog Little Dog... apparently I have a lot of favorites!

Stacey said...

I can't exactly remember my favorite childhood book, but what I do remember is all of the silly stories my Dad used to tell me at bedtime... he normally made up stories using my sister and I's names and the adventures we went on:)... I'll always cherish those. But my 2 1/2 year old daughter LOVES books by Laura Numeroff (If you give a Mouse a cookie, etc.)

stacey_hicks1{at}comcast{dot}net

Green's said...

Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes was may favorite. My mom still has the book. Every once in a long while I will pull it from the bookshelf when I go home - home to my parents is and will always be home -. Funny how child-hood memories can bring on the nostalgia.

Derek Thompson said...

It has been driving me nuts because I can't think of the name, but it was a book about this blonde kid who wishes he had different body parts like antlers, duck feet, an elephants nose, and others. If anybody can think of the name of it please let me know before I go insane.

CharityMay said...

my favorite book was the 'paper bag princess' by robert musch. i loved that it wasn't the typical princess story and she was such an independant, smart girl who chose to leave the pigheaded prince at the end! i went to college with mike and candage, i am so excited about this book!

Melissa Sherman said...

My favorite children's book as a child was Angelina Ballerina. As a little girl, I wanted to be a ballerina.

Anonymous said...

Hi nice to meet you. I have a grand daughter that would love that book. when I grew up, I lOVED snoopy and charlie brown books!! I learned to read the Dick, jane, here comes Spot books so those are special to me too! Drop by my blog anytimes

Diana

Sue said...

My favorite book I raised my three boys on was Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. The story of a boy named Max and how he tames the dreaded monsters kids dream about and making them his best friend is enchanting. My grown boys still love this book today and I have had a request from two of the boys for their own child's collections.
I have never heard of Mike but am always on the lookout for new books for my first graders as well as my new grandchildren! I'll check him out for sure!! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Kase -
I always loved Little Critter books when I was a kid! = )