Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Smell You No More!


My husband is gearing up for hunting season! His outdoor clothes have been washed in scent killer and are outside to dry and absorb the outdoor air.

He bought the scent killer pack, laundry soap, body soap, spray, and a little book with tips and tricks on how to shoot a deer!
. His brother and his wife recently bought a house with some acreage close to us. He will be hunting in their woods. He has already seen the big buck. My husbands check list:
Grow a beard: Done
Use Scent Kill on my clothes and boots: Check
Clean his Dad's old gun and buy shells: Check
Orange Vest: Check
 

All of this is very entertaining to me. I"ll tell you why. The 1st time he went hunting was up north in my Dad's blind. I was inside with the kids and I heard a bang around dusk and figured he shot a deer. After dark he crosses the creek in my Dad's truck through the hay field, turning into my parents driveway when all the sudden we hear a SLAM! We rush outside and he has driven right into the right side of the garage. The brakes froze when he crossed the creek. There was some pieces of siding missing but the truck was fine. He stood underneath the light, and I noticed he had a fresh black and blue eye. Did he just get that from slamming into the house? No, when he shot the gun, the scope gave him a nice shiner!

I'm interested to see what will happen next week in the woods! 

Oh honey, I love ya!

3 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

Hahaha! Shut up that is so funny! I would have just blamed it on the crash!

The Kelly Variety said...

That is so funny. Seriously, I am laughing out loud! Hope all goes well/better!

Candace said...

What is in scent killer?