Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Highlights

This past weekend my Mom was able to come down and visit us for the weekend. Friday we hit up some garage sales and went to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Olive Garden. Mom found some treasures (antiques) and I found a couple of things for the kids. We also went and hit the sales at Kohls. I got to listen to her play the piano. Which I haven't heard her do since I was younger. I put me to sleep and she was playing old hymns. It was nice to able to spend some one on one time with her. I don't get to do that very much. My Mother in law said she would watch the kids while we spent some time together.

Saturday Mom prepared a couple of salads for a small gathering of family members from her side. I think we had about 25 + people at our house. Lots of good food. I had my cousin and her family drive from Pennsylvania! We chatted, ate, and played some lawn golf. Uncle Duane remains the lawn golf champ.

Stella was a great help in preparing the potato salad with Grandma. If you look closely you can see Stella's arm in their helping Grandma chop the veggies.
Here are some of the boys who enjoyed the pool when the family was here. Wrestling the alligator.
Then on Sunday, I had to take a picture of my handsome young man all ready for church.

6 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

I love having family get togethers!

Lindsey said...

Glad you were able to spend some one on one time with your mom. It certainly is hard to do with young kids.

Gibson looks so handsome!

Jennie and Adam said...

I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family!

val m said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Gibson is so handsome!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

How awesome that you got to spend so much quality time with your mom. That is great! Loved the pictures...the pool looks so fun! Love garage sales too.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun with your Mom! I haven't been to the Olive Garden in a LONG time. What a yummy place!