Friday, January 16, 2009

For the Love, Part 2


I wanted to share with you a few more ideas for Valentine's Day. These ideas are from the book: Traditions, Creating Memories to Draw Your Family Closer by Kimberly Bytheway and Diane Loveridge. This book contains ideas for all holidays and occasions that will create lasting memories for your family.


Valentine Breakfast:
Color pancake batter red and cook it into heart shapes. Cut the butter into heart shapes, and make the milk pink. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make valentine toast. Serve the breakfast with strawberries. (Their shape looks much like a heart.) Use special napkins with hearts on them. Your family will appreciate this loving touch to the morning.


School Surprise:
Surprise them by having a valentine give to them at school- special delivery. Include balloons if you wish, or just send a favorite little treat.

Dinner Plate Valentine:
When setting the dinner table on Valentine's Day, turn the dinner plates upside down. Hide little treasures under the overturned plates, such as jewelry, candy, or notes. This will be an exciting way for your family members to get a valentine from you.

The "Love Wall" :
Cut out a bunch of red paper hearts and place them in a basket by the door. Every time a person does a kind deed for someone else, have the person write it down on a heart and tape it onto the wall. It will amaze you ow quickly the wall will fill with"love" and how excited family members will become as they anticipate their next service to contribute to the wall.


Heart Attack:
Give your family members a "heart attack." In other words, "attack" their bedroom, car, desk, locker, or office with hearts. Cut out dozens of hearts and sneak to cover your chosen spot with them. You can add a bag of candy sprinkled on the floor for a little extra fun. Write a note telling them that they have just had a "heart attack."

I think we'll try and do the Love Wall, what about you????


6 comments:

Unknown said...

What great ideas I just love Valentines don't you!

Peggy said...

I love that school surprise idea! Too bad Valentine's day is on a Saturday . . . we could do it on Friday though! I'll make 'lil love notes, for their lunch boxes! Way too cute . . . thanks for sharing!

He & Me + 3 said...

These are great ideas. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Thanks also for following along. Your family is adorable. Your blog is cute too. I am following you too!

Anonymous said...

These are all great ideas! I especially love the heart shape pancakes.

Laura Waltz said...

I have the same book! I love the ideas they have in there for all different holidays/seasons. I can't wait until Parker is older to do some of those ideas, but for now we'll see what I can do just between my husband and myself. Perhaps the pancake idea?

Sarah Mae said...

What great ideas! Thank you for sharing them - I can't wait to do this!