Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Highlights

We've enjoyed watching Gibson reading the name tags this year. He was so excited to find a present with his name on it. G-I-B-S-O-N, that spells Gibson Mom!!
Stella and her new princess barbies. She loves, loves these.
We had a make it yourself theme Christmas this year with my family. My dad made this sign for Quentin. To the left of him in the background is something my Uncle made for us. It is to be put by our pool. Now I just need to paint on the buoy (sp?) and we'll be all set for next summer.
In our family, we always tease that my sister Krisann is my Mom's favorite. So this year had these tee shirts made for us. They read: Mom Likes Me Best!! I guess we are all her favorites after all! lol.
My sister made these aprons for us. The kids got cookie mixes and wooden spoons with their names painted on them. They were so excited to bake. Underneath Gibson had his favorite p.j.'s on. They are superman and the "S" lights up in the middle. He didn't want to take them off. He had to shut off all of the lights in the house b/c he was the light and he said we could see with Superman!! So cute.

We had a very good Christmas. We are so blessed to have such loving families We are looking forward to the new year and the things it will bring us.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea for gifts. How special and something you'll keep forever. Happy New Year!

Derek Thompson said...

It really looks like you guys had a great time. I love the homemade theme because it adds love to the gift. How did your family like the gifts that you made?

heidi said...

I love love LOVE that you guys all made gifts for each other! WHat a fantastic idea.

Lindsey said...

I also love the homemade gifts. What a great idea.

The Dragonfly said...

I love a handmade Christmas . . . they are always my favorite and those gifts, no matter how goofy, tacky or thrown together seem to be the most treasured.

It looks like you guys had a great time!

Vanessa said...

LOVE the pics and the present idea is fantastic! I think I need to order shirts like that for me and my sisters.....with Dad like me best on them! funny!

Liza said...

love the aprons! that's cooking with glamour!

Proud Mommy said...

Love all of the gifts....so creative.....I think my favorites are the t-shirts....how clever!!!

Jen said...

That wooden sign reminds me of the board he had nailed to his bumper in High School....If I remember correctly, it said "Q Daddy" hahaha

Karol said...

Kasey,

The idea of homemade gifts is totally awesome. I am thinking I may suggest that for my family next Christmas. How fun.

Karol :0)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Saw you on the Nester and stopped by! What a cute header with your kids and hubby! I love it!
Happy New Year!
-sandy toes

scrapnic72 said...

I, too, love the homemade themes, and those aprons are completely adorable! Happy New Year!

Nicci

Clenece said...

What cute gift ideas! I love the T-Shirts!!!