Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Before and After

Here's the red chair before I sanded it.
Close up of the result of sanding. I like the way it looks. It has character now!
After: New look and nice and clean. I ended up putting this chair in our office. Looks great as an accent piece with the blue/green paint.
Before: Painted black with water spots.
After: Several attempts at sanding it. Then I primed it. Put two coats of peanut butter paint from Benjamin Moore. Let that dry then I took some water based walnut stain. Watered it down. Soaked a rag in it and rubbed it on until I liked darkness of it. I was happy with they way this turned out to. I added a dollie (sp?) my Grandma made for me. She has passed now, so it means a lot. Then I filled a basket with little pumpkins and gourds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Kasey!

I love the chair and the table looks super nice.

Jennie and Adam said...

I can't wait to see your new treasures in action. You did great work! Thanks for the apple recipes too.

Anonymous said...

I know, $8.03 is wonderful!
We have two separate bill for electric and gas and we don't have anything that uses gas expect the furnace.

Dawn said...

Love what you did to both pieces.

BTW - I have that same block-patterned rug in my family room!

Frugal Finds said...

Table looks great!! I used to line magazines up like that but got tired of doing it over and over again after the kids would mess it up. Now I just toss all the magazines in a basket. Much less stress!!!
You did a great job!!

heidi said...

You are so stinkin talented it makes me jealous!!!