Monday, December 6, 2010

Ornament Exchange


I recently attended an ornament exchange. I had never participated in one before. We each made enough ornaments for all of us to go home with one. 
I love each ornament that was given to me.

In no particular order:

Megan's- Go and venture in the woods. Cute a branch, drill a hole, and find some string. It's so rustic and simple, I love it!!

Robyn's - Can you believe that underneath that Ho, Ho, Ho, pretty paper is part of a paint stick that she just painted?? Genius!!

Kendra's - Two cinnamon sticks tied together with pretty material. This ornament smells so GOOD!!

Kasey's - I just bought 1 1/2 inch ribbon, cut it to 1 yard, took a needle and some string and threaded it through every  1 inch on one side of the ribbon and then pulled tight. The middle piece is actually a clip on earring. I just tore the back part off, and hot glued it onto the ribbon.

Jen's - Felt stockings with cute felt embellishments. So pretty.

Jess's - It's a snowman!! She hand painted the face on a clear ball, and stuffed it with tinsel. 

Holly's - Her star ornament is made out of card stock paper!! With a little bit of glue and time you can make one too. You can find out how she made this ornament HERE. It's beautiful.

Liza's- ceramic candy cane, decorated with ribbon!!  My kids love to look at this ornament on the tree. The silver ribbon sparkles against the lights. 

Rudy's - Window pane. It reminds me of Christmas morning. We would always look out our window to see if there was snow on the ground. You actually set it on a branch.


Valerie's- Baby Jesus. I know she used a little bit or garland, Moss, felt for the blanket, and a wooden ball for baby Jesus face.She coiled wire around a pencil or market for the star.  A great reminder of the reason for the season!

Alicia 's - Darling ribbon flowers with embellishments. Very creative and cute.


Do you have a favorite?






6 comments:

Amanda Lee said...

Hi Kasey! All these ornaments are so sweet, and you will all have such nice memories associated with them. Thanks for following my blog, and for sharing the woven star link!
have a wonderful week!
~Amanda

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I don't think I could pick a favorite, they're all beautiful in their own way :)

The Kelly Variety said...

These are cute! I've done one for the past four years and I love it. We draw out of a hat and only go home with 6 so sometimes I don't go home with the ones I want.
I like all of them ~ I think I might make the tree myself... and I know where to get ideas for 2011!

Clenece said...

I love this idea!!! I wish I had fun friends like you here!!! You are always putting together awesome parties! =) Maybe I should start being awesome like you! =)
MISS YOU!!!

Lindsey said...

Cute idea. I really like Holly's star. They all turned out well.

He & Me + 3 said...

What cute ornaments. Love the snowman. Too cute.