Monday, September 13, 2010

Subway Art Tee Shirt



Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays



Step 1: You'll need poster board, different size sharpies, and a printed sheet of your child's name, year they were born, and several adjectives that describe your child. I bought a packet of 5 11x14 poster board paper from Hobby Lobby for a little over $1.00. You'll also need a blank tee shirt. I bought the tee shirts from Hobby Lobby too. $1.50 a piece.
I have a font program that I installed on my computer. I used a different font for each word. The thicker the font the easier it is to trace.




Step2: Place the poster board and shirt underneath the shirt. Trace the words using a sharpie. My husband did this part. He said the finer tipped sharpies work better. You'll notice on Stella's shirt, some of the letters bled a bit. He said the bigger markers will bleed easily on the shirt.




Step3: Enjoy the finished product!



This was fun, easy and the kids love it!


I have to give credit where credit is due. I got my inspiration from


12 comments:

val m said...

Very cute!!! I love it!!

Destri {The Mother Huddle} said...

OH I am so glad you tried it this way! They turned out great, I need to do one for my little girl too.
Be sure to come and link this on Thursday!
Thanks for letting my know, you made my day!

Jennie and Adam said...

Absolutely darling! I love how those turned out--one more thing to add to my must-do list :)

Mary said...

So cute! I saw these on the Mother Huddle too. Such a great idea!

Sandi said...

this is adorable!


PS Your kids have cute names!

Jo Ann Steiger said...

Kasey - those teeshirts are a fun idea and I loved the words you used but who spelled determined?

Kasey said...

Oh man!! That would be me! Word didn't catch it, nor did I! Thanks for the catch, I'll have to fix his shirt!

Unknown said...

YOur shirts turned out so cute!!! I LOVE your kids names!

Julia Ladewski said...

wow. those turned out great!!!

stopping by from the mother huddle

Anonymous said...

So cute!

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Your projects are so neat and I lOVE this one! So impressed!

Gale said...

I love what you did with these! Beautiful message!