Saturday, September 11, 2010

What Do You Do With Acorns?

My kids are having fun picking up all the acorns that are falling from the neighbor's tree right now. I figure it's good therapy. They take their aggression out on the acorns. Look at the determination and focus in Stella's face.

There are different ways to crush acorns too. Standing up, sitting down, either way it gets the job done.

Who would have thought a soccer ball could have dual purposes?

3 comments:

The Kelly Variety said...

What fun pictures. I was going to say, "Put them in a jar with a ribbon." But. . .this is was more fun!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I used to sit on my grandmother's porch in Maine and smash them with a hammer for hours. Okay maybe not hours but in kids time it seemed like it! LOL! I thought the squirrels needed my help and I was on a mission to feed them all! Ha!
I can't even imagine a soccer ball being able to cause such damage. LOL!
Have a great day my friend.
Kim

He & Me + 3 said...

The kids in our neighborhood have been collecting them and making acorn families. Too cute. Those are great pictures.