We visited the U.P. last weekend. My parent's friends let us stay in their cabin for the weekend. They weather was very nice, hot, and humid. However, we made the most of it.Waylon enjoyed his time in the baby carrier with Papa. My good friend let us borrow it, over the weekend. We like it so much I think we're going to have to invest in one. Waylon never made a peep once. He even took a nap in there.
After dinner, we took the kids to St. Ignace for some ice cream while G&G watched Waylon for us. We then stopped at Indian Village. The kids enjoyed learning Indian symbols, and Stella came home with a drum, and head dress, and Gibson is learning how to shoot a bow and arrow. We had a pow wow at the cabin later that night!!
Saturday, we took the kids to the Mystery Spot. It's hard to tell in this photo but they are standing perfectly straight even though it looks like a 45 degree angle. This kids were amazed that when water was poured in the trough the water went up, instead of down.
The Mystery Spot also opened up Zip Lines. This was the 8th or 9th it was open to the public. For $10 we got two zip line rides. It is a blast. The view was gorgeous. Was able to see the water and Mackinaw bridge.
We later hit the State Park in the St. Saint Marie. The beach had a very large sand bar. Lots of beautiful rocks. Was able to get a snap shot in of the three of them in between exploring and swimming.

3 comments:
Thanks for entering my giveaway! I love the UP! My grandparents lived in Michigan and I got to go with them one summer to WhiteFish Point Shipwreck museum. Lake Superior was so beautiful!
I am ignorant. What is the U.P.? And I love that picture of your dad with Waylon. Dreamy.
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I really want to try a zip line
Post a Comment