
A little update on Waylon for ya:
I went to the hospital a little after 2:00 a.m. Wednesday with contractions 2 minutes apart last for about 30 secs. Thought it was time. I get checked in, the midwife checks me, and says I'm at a 3 and 60% effaced. They decide to admit me. I call my Mom and sister who live 2 hours away to come down for the big arrival.
7:00 a.m. rolls around, I get checked again and I'm at a 4 now but still at 60% effaced. Contractions not really consistent. Getting tired.
Family arrives shortly after and I've been in the tub, walking the halls, on the medicine ball. Got some breakfast and got checked again, still at a 4!
The 1st midwife tells me that if I don't progress they'll give me some potosin, or break my water to get things moving. 2nd shift midwife says, I will not do that. You still have time. And because the cord is around his neck, if we break your water, the cord could slip through 1st before the head and then we have real problems.
They call the massage therapist on staff and she does some trigger points and that gets my contractions back in full swing. The midwife said I have two hours to prove myself that I'm going into labor. After two hours, still at a 4!!
I got sent home!!! So I'm now playing the waiting game. Still having contractions, just not consistent. Come on out Waylon, I'm uncomfortable and ready for you!!!!
The reason I titled this post Sponge Bob is because the CMT told me that they had a family here who gave birth to a boy. They named him, but then forgot that they told their 3 yr old son that he could name the baby. Their son chose Sponge Bob for the baby's name. Not kidding. The hospital called the birth certificate center to see if that was legal that they could really name a child that, and they said what ever the parent wants, that is what you have to put on the birth certificate.
So the baby boy, left the hospital with the name: Sponge Bob!
Can't you believe it? What are these parents thinking????
I went to the hospital a little after 2:00 a.m. Wednesday with contractions 2 minutes apart last for about 30 secs. Thought it was time. I get checked in, the midwife checks me, and says I'm at a 3 and 60% effaced. They decide to admit me. I call my Mom and sister who live 2 hours away to come down for the big arrival.
7:00 a.m. rolls around, I get checked again and I'm at a 4 now but still at 60% effaced. Contractions not really consistent. Getting tired.
Family arrives shortly after and I've been in the tub, walking the halls, on the medicine ball. Got some breakfast and got checked again, still at a 4!
The 1st midwife tells me that if I don't progress they'll give me some potosin, or break my water to get things moving. 2nd shift midwife says, I will not do that. You still have time. And because the cord is around his neck, if we break your water, the cord could slip through 1st before the head and then we have real problems.
They call the massage therapist on staff and she does some trigger points and that gets my contractions back in full swing. The midwife said I have two hours to prove myself that I'm going into labor. After two hours, still at a 4!!
I got sent home!!! So I'm now playing the waiting game. Still having contractions, just not consistent. Come on out Waylon, I'm uncomfortable and ready for you!!!!
The reason I titled this post Sponge Bob is because the CMT told me that they had a family here who gave birth to a boy. They named him, but then forgot that they told their 3 yr old son that he could name the baby. Their son chose Sponge Bob for the baby's name. Not kidding. The hospital called the birth certificate center to see if that was legal that they could really name a child that, and they said what ever the parent wants, that is what you have to put on the birth certificate.
So the baby boy, left the hospital with the name: Sponge Bob!
Can't you believe it? What are these parents thinking????
14 comments:
Bummer Waylon decided not to come yesterday! What a long day! Here's to him coming soon and not being named Sponge Bob!! ;)
Oh have mercy! I feel for you. Being admitted and excited to being sent home and tired, but probably still excited!
The Sponge Bob story is frightening. Poor kid! LOL! But I guess it's better than Scooby Do!
Can't wait to see this precious baby boy!
Hugs
Kim
Oh wow...Sponge Bob. How crazy. The 3 year old would have gotten over not naming his brother pretty quickly, but this poor boy is stuck with his name for life.
Can't wait to meet Waylon.
I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers. Waylon, come soon!!!
Ouch you got sent home!!! WOW, I have never heard of anyone getting sent home after being admitted...that is a JOKE!!! I am so sorry! I hope things progress and Waylon comes by the end of the week...better yet today! lol
Sponge Bob!!! THAT is not even funny. Poor kid!
Are you kidding me? Sponge Bob? Ugh!!!
And oh my gosh, I can't believe you were in labor and then not. How dissapointing! I hope Waylon hurries up for you!
Sponge Bob? Seriously? Oh my word.
I am so sorry that you got sent home :( How frustrating. Come on out, already, Waylon! :)
Come join us in the world Waylon!
Good luck Kasey! Hope it's smooth sailin.
I hadn't been keeping up with blogs very well lately, so I was getting all excited when I saw that you went to the hospital . . . until I kept reading! You poor thing! You doin' okay there Mamma?? Can't wait to see his first picture . . . I'm sure he'll be a cutie!
We called our oldest "Joe Bob" before he was born or had a real name . . . it really ticked of the Grandmas-to-be! We figured it was just something FAR from what his real name would be. But it's NOT on his birth certificate! It takes all kinds, doesn't it?
Hang in there . . . it won't be long now! ;o)
Sponge Bob... That'll look good on a job application. At least he can go by Bob. "So is your full name Robert?" Silence then shameful responce, "no, my brother named me. He was 3, and my parents let him pick Sponge Bob!"
That is just pathetic.
Sorry you got sent home. I hope he comes soon and safely.
OH DEAR!!!! OH DEAR FOR YOU, and the cute little baby that was named Sponge Bob.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
Sandra
Sponge Bob is too funny!! I would have found a way to convince that kid that my favorite name for the new baby was his idea first!! People are nuts!!
Anxious to see pictures of the new baby! Hope everyone is doing well!!
Sponge Bob? That is just horrible! I hope Waylon arrives soon!
Number one: THANK YOU for not naming your kid Sponge Bob! That is Stoopid!
Number two: I hope your baby is born by now!
Post a Comment