Monday, March 1, 2010

Bomb Diggity Bars!



I found out through a fellow blogger that it's National Peanut Butter Day! I love peanut butter. It has to be Jif! My favorite morning breakfast consists of whole wheat toast with p.b. and homemade jelly!!!

What's your favorite brand of p.b.? I've tried others but they just don't compare to Jif.

I have a recipe for peanut butter/ chocolate bars a.k.a Bomb Diggity Bars!


1C butter softened
1C brown sugar
2/3 C peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
MIX together

Shift and add:
2C flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

Then add 2 C oatmeal

Bake 15 min @ 350-375 I use a deep cookie sheet or you can use a 9x13

Remove from over and spread 2C milk chocolate chips over top of mixture. Cover with wax paper so they will melt

Meanwhile make frosting:

2C powered sugar
1/2 C milk
1/2 C peanut butter

Spread frosting over choc. chips and mixture. Your frosting will look like a swirl mixture of p.b. and chocolate!!

Chill in fridge till frosting settles and serve!!

Oh so good!!!

10 comments:

val m said...

Yum!! Sounds like a delicious treat!

Robyn said...

My kids live on PB--and Jiff is definitely best. I'll have to do some baking today to celebrate!

Candace said...

Val, if it is one of Kasey's recipes, it is a delicious treat.
Since today is peanut butter day, I obviously need to make the peanut butter cookies I have been wanting to. http://www.amateurgourmet.com/2010/02/lucys_salty_cho.html
I actually made chocolate chip cookies last night for fun with Eva and I already have some in a baggie for you. Good thing I threw the rest of the cookies in the freezer.
I'm a jif peanut butter girl. For awhile I used Peter Pan because Peter Pan is cool and then all the peanut butters had problems--but not jif.

Katie staten said...

I have that same recipe and they are my family's favorite. I could live off of peanut butter.

Traci Michele said...

Looks super yummo! Thanks.

Traci

Grand Pooba said...

What? How was I not informed it was Peanut Butter day! I must make these in celebration!

JIF is my favorite too. All the others just taste like shortening. (Skippy is the devil!)

He & Me + 3 said...

I would like some right now. YUM

alice said...

I like Jif as well...Thanks for the recipe, it looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

I have that same recipe Kasey. I just made them a couple weeks ago....love em! And yes I agree - Jif is the best PB. I always have wheat toast w/ Jif every morning as well :)

Amanda said...

only jif!!!!