Monday, March 15, 2010

Born on Pi Day!




My BIG bundle of joy decided to make his appearance yesterday, on 3-14 :Pie day!! (Thanks B.G.!)!


Waylon was born yesterday at 8:47 a.m. I went into labor about 1:00 a.m. or 2:00 a.m. depending if you use daylight savings time, Sunday morning with contractions about 3-5 minutes apart. They subsided a bit and so I tried to lay back down and get some rest. About 4:00 a.m. I was so uncomfortable and knew that it was time to go to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital around 4:30 a.m.. I was at a 5 and 70%. The midwife broke my water and I was able to get in the tub and have some Staydal!! Highly recommend this drug!!

After being in the tub for about an hour or more I went back to the bed. The midwife checked me and said that I was fully dilated and could push anytime. For about 20 minutes, and 8-9 pushes later my 10 lb 4 oz, 23 inch long baby boy was born!!

He is my biggest baby yet, but I think was the easiest. I feel great. I was released today around lunch time. He is doing great, resting well from his circumcision and shots.

The kids are doing great, and my Mom is here to help out.

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you Kase! Both pictures you posted are great! Can't wait to meet him!! C

momto3princesses said...

Kasey, he is just precious! I am so happy everything went well and that you are home enjoying your new bundle of joy! Praying for a smooth transition for the entire family!

Jess W said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you that everything went well and that little Waylon is finallt here! He is adorable and I can't wait to meet him!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

OHHHHH! Look at that precious little pumpkin! Congratulations. What a blessing!

Robyn said...

So happy for you guys! I can't wait to see him!

heidi said...

10 lbs?! You should get a medal! He's beautiful - congrats!! I'm glad he's finally here. :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Kasey. He's just precious!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! What a cutie!!

The Dragonfly said...

Amazing Kasey! Congratulations. He is simply beautiful! And you look amazing in the gorgeous photo you posted! Couldn't be happier! But wow! 10.4 . . . that is BIG!

Momofgirls said...

He is BIG and delicious! What a fun time for your family! Enjoy the extra help with your mom there while you can!

Congratulations!!!!

Peggy said...

What a beautiful 'lil peanut! :o) Great job Kasey! Glad to hear that you, and the rest of the family, are doing well.

Waylon is a handsome 'lil man.

Congratulations to you and your family!

Jillian B said...

Congratulations on your new sweetie, Kasey!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

YEAH! I'm so excited. I'm so glad he's here safe and sound. And what a cutie pie. Don't you love giving birth to toddlers? There is just more of them to love.
Give him a kiss for me!
Hugs
Kim

Mike Laughead said...

Congrats on your huge baby! Candace is sick, but we will come see him soon. Hope you are all well.

Lindsey said...

What a cutie. All that dark hair like Stella. I think he does favor your dad (except the dark hair) so his middle name is fitting.

Glad to hear his delivery was easy once he decided to come!

Amy said...

Congrats he is beautiful! Many blessings!

David said...

Congratulations! It is so good to hear that he has arrived safely and everything has worked out beautifully! That is awesome that though he was so big it was still your easiest birth!! Enjoy!

Jennie and Adam said...

Great job--He is beautiful! You deserve a medal for getting that big boy here!

Robin V said...

He is absolutely adorable - and you look pretty good in that photo! Glad to hear you're both doing well. Congratulations!

val m said...

He is so cute!!! I am so happy for you!! Great job!

theJerm said...

Very cool and congratulations to you both. You have a great family!

Clenece said...

HOLY COW GIRL!!! I cant believe u pushed him out!!!! lol. He is a cutie! I hope u don't mind if
i stop by before I move! I would love to see u both! congrats.

He & Me + 3 said...

YOu look great in that picture are you sure you just delivered a 10 pounder? He is precious and Congrats! So glad you are all doing well.

The Kelly Variety said...

Happy Birthday Waylon! That is my birthday too, so that makes him extra special. Congrats Kasey, I'm glad he's here.

Sonja said...

He's a big baby. Andrew and him were just about the same size. 10 lbs. 10 oz. and 24 inches long.

Traci Michele said...

Congrats! Do you have a blog button I could snag for my sidebar?

http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Traci

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He's beautiful!

Grand Pooba said...

That first picture of you two is just precious!

House of Smiths said...

WOW! What a beautiful baby.
Shelley