Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Taking Time to Heal





My Mom had a lumpectomy yesterday. She is relieved to have the "booby monster" out of her, as my sister said!

She is home resting now. Half of the battle down. She now waits for the pathology report to hear if she needs chemo and radiation or just radiation.

Her lymph nodes came back clear which is a HUGE blessing!

She is such an amazing woman. So strong. My Dad has been taking such good care of her!! I wish I could be there too.

It helps having Waylon's birth something to look forward to. I hope it all works out that I will have him before my Mom starts her treatment and before the actual week of his due date. My husband will be in Chicago for the week with work.

I just want our life to be full of this:

and this:


Silliness and pure JOY!!

13 comments:

val m said...

I am glad that your mom is doing well!! Loves those little ones - they are pure joy

The Dragonfly said...

Cancer out is good! Baby out is also good! Can't wait to hear . . . am busy crafting a little something special for Baby W.

Grand Pooba said...

That is wonderful news about your mom! I hope you it all continues to be good news!

Small House said...

Glad your mom is doing well!!
OH...I loved reading about your baby shower. Baby showers are a step closer to having the baby!! YIPEEEE!
Have a great day.
Sandra

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Praise God! I continue to pray for your mom {and I'll throw in a little prayer for Waylon to be born soon, too!} Love those sweet pics!

alice said...

Sending prayers up for your mom.

The Kelly Variety said...

You deserve Silliness and Pure Joy ~ I hope all goes well.

Derek Thompson said...

the kids are cute!!!!!! I think that everything with your mom will go well because she has a lot more grand-mothering to do.

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for a quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

Thankful to hear all went well with your Mom Kasey. What an answer to prayer. I will continue to pray for her recovery and that you will have lots and lots of JOY in your lives!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your Mom made it through her surgery ok. Praying for her quick recovery!

Brett and Heather said...

Kasey....
I came across your blog from a craft blog. This post about your mom caught my eye. I am a three year breast cancer survivor. Mine too was detected early...lumpectomy and clean lymph nodes. I did go on to have chemo and radiation. Feel free to pass my email on to your mom, in case she wants to pick my brain about my experience. If only I had someone to ask questions when I went through it.
Great big prayers and hugs going her way.
Heather at lvflosser@cox.net

Kasey said...

Thanks Heather. I'll pass the info on to her!