I went to Target the other day and tried to return my 2009 Turbo Tax Premium Edition, retail price $90.00. At the service counter they told me that they can not accept returns on dvd's, cd,'s video games, or computer software, if they are opened, only exchanges. I first said, " How would I know it was broken unless I open it?" Then I said, " I already did my taxes with their online service b/c the disk that I bought did not work, so I know longer needed it." An exchange would have been pointless.
Again, they repeated their policy. Then I said, "so you can sell me junk that doesn't work and hide behind a policy?" The worker said, " Yup." So I asked for the manager.
The manager being no older or anymore coherent than the previous worker, sounded like a broken record. They gave me a number for corporate and said they may be able to help you, they were wrong. So after my completely worthless call to corporate and about another 15 minutes of arguing, I walked back to the software isle and grabbed a new copy of Turbo Tax and brought it to the CS counter. I said, I would like to exchange my broken copy for this new copy. After the transaction, I grabbed the new copy and then handed it right back and said, "I would like to return this, it is unopened and I don't want it." Ahhhhhh, sweet success! They gave me a full refund. You should have seen the look on the manager and worker's face when they knew I found a loophole around their precious software return policy.
you can check out more of my blogs HERE
5 comments:
Love it Q. You have guts. I just cry when customer service people are mean. I should send you in next time!
That is hilarious!!! Target is the hardest of all stores to return to!! I swore them off for awhile because of return policies, but now I have a great way to fight back! Great thinking!
Yep, that's why I did not shop at Target for years. I still never buy anything in there that I may ever need to return. They stink!
Good for you for finding a way to take care of the problem. I will have to remember that if I ever try to return something there again.
Guess you're learning from Kasey's savvy shopping!
That was awesome!! I will def. have to remember that one!!
Post a Comment