
Yesterday our family received the news that my Mother has breast cancer. The good thing is that it sounds like they caught it early. It has not spread to her lymph nodes and lungs. We'll find out tomorrow when surgery will be and the treatment plan.
I don't think the timing of news like this would ever be good. Waylon will be here in about 5 weeks, my sister is getting married in May, etc. I'm hoping that these will all be blessings and events that we can look forward to and focus our energy on.
We have several family members and friends who have been so supportive already. My Mom is a stubborn, strong woman who will get through this.
I just ask my readers that you will do this. Please pray for my Mom that she will be at peace, that she will have the strength and courage to conquer what ever comes her way.
Don't worry about tomorrow..... GOD IS ALREADY THERE!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11
14 comments:
Kasey, I am so sorry. Cancer is a scary, horrible thing. You bet your mom will be in my prayers. Praise God that it was found early. She can beat it!
Kasey, I will be praying for your Mom. I'm glad to hear that they caught it early though! That's a positive thing to focus on right there.
Hugs
Kim
I am so very sorry to hear about that news!! I will keep your family in my prayers! Best of luck.
I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left!! EXCITING!
Good luck! Of course we'll keep you, your Mom, and family in our prayers.
Kasey--
We'll add our prayers to everyone else's for your mom, and for you as you deal with this news too. We love you guys!
Jennie
You can count on my to pray Kasey. And I love the verse you quoted - God has this all in His might plan, and He's gonna get you through this storm.
Oh Kasey, I am so sorry! I can tell you from my recent experience with my dad's cancer that the initial diagnosis is so scary and tough to deal with, but once she gets her treatment plan and starts kicking cancer's butt, it will get easier for all of you. You and your mom will be in my prayers.
Oh Kasey I am so sorry your family has to go through such an ugly thing like cancer. Nobody deserves that. I will definitely be praying for you and your mom and your family! Your mom sounds like she has the right attitude to beat this! You are such an inspiration to keep everything in perspective at a time like this, I love that quote!
I will be praying. That darn C word. I know what she is going through. I will pray for her peace too.
I am sad to hear of the sad news. I will keep her in my prayers. Finding it early makes all the difference!
Kasey I am so sorry to hear about your mom's cancer!! My prayers will be added to everyone else's! My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005. It was caught early but was also a very aggressive form of cancer. Her treatments were really hard emotionally and physically. We should talk some time. We really tried to rally around my mom and keep her spirits up. She has been cancer free since 2006. She missed Christina's birth and being able to help me after. You are right there is no good time for cancer. Sorry this is long. It makes you grateful to have the love of the Lord in your life!
Sarah
Kasey,
I am so sorry to hear this! I will praying for your Mom!!
Thinking of and praying for your whole family. What a great picture of your parents!
Love to all of you,
Aunt Norma
I am so sorry to hear this about your mom; I know her to be a very strong and focused woman of faith, and I know that she and you all will lean on the Lord heavily. He can heal her! And He can teach you all some amazing things about Himself and His promises along the way. I will be praying for effective treatment, peace, and His complete healing.
Nicci
Post a Comment