Yesterday one of our three appointments showed up. They liked the house and were willing to sign a two year lease, on the condition that we would put two E-gress windows, two bedrooms, and a 1/2 bath in the basement. Quentin didn't have a good feeling about it, so we declined. We want to be a little more picky of who we have in our house, especially all the work we've put into it the last couple of days.
I'm so thankful for my Mother in law who has watched the kids the last couple of days while I scrubbed the house down. We installed a new kitchen floor. Got the carpets cleaned, new paint, new lighting, new entry door, new vanity in the bathroom, along with new floor. We will be painting the tub so it's no longer pink!!
It makes me angry that people don't take care of the house. Slobs, they are!! There version of clean is not at all what we or a normal person would consider clean!!
I must admit I am stressed but hopeful that things will work out. The thought of paying two mortgages with a baby on the way makes me sick to my stomach. I'm trying to be positive. Please pray for us that this will all turn out. It always does, but it's the not knowing part that is the bugger.
Here is a picture of the bathroom. One of the many projects Q has been working on. Once we tore up the old floor, we found that the sub floor was rotten by the tub. A little more work than we had anticipated. We are thankful for his Mom and Dad helping with the paint, and his friends Aaron and Rick who took time away from their family to come help us. We feel so blessed to have such good friends and family close by to help us out.
8 comments:
Wow having a rental property must be hard at times, I just don't understand how people cannot take care of things that are basically borrowed. Drives me crazy. Hope you get it all ready and find some good renters.
OH DEAR....ALLOT OF WORK! Sure hope you are able to fill it quick. I think you'd be great to rent from. Lucky people that will.
Good luck getting it all together.
Sandra
I am trying to keep my ears open for someone! I hope you get a renter or buyer soon!
That's a lot of work Kasey! Take it easy on your pregnant body! I'll be praying for you guys that it all works out and you get some resposible and grateful tennants!
I think Mike would move in! I don't think it'd take much to get him back.
Sorry, I wish I was there to help.
Oh goodness! I really hope you guys find some responsible tenants. I have never understood people that don't take care of things especially houses!
I didn't know you had a rental property! (Or I forgot) What a project! I'm glad you had some help, family is the best!
We own 15+ rental units in Cadillac. Yes, they are SO much work. And I am so with you - some people are just disgusting. I cannot belive how some people live. I would never ever treat someone else's property like that. Best wishes in getting it rented out/sold!
Post a Comment