Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 in Review

January: Took this funny video of Gibson eating cereal that he spilled on the floor.


February: Paid off our loan we borrowed from Q's parents to pay our down payment for our home. It was such a blessing to pay off our loan to them in 1 and 1/2 year. Originally it was a 6 year plan.

March: Was able to watch my sister Kaitlyn and her basketball team win Regionals. They later became Class C State runner up! I celebrated my 28th birthday.

April: Stella celebrated her 3rd birthday. My family was able to come down and celebrate her birthday and Easter with us. Kids enjoyed an Easter egg hunt in the back yard. Quentin had a basketball tournament in the U.P.

May: Was able to go to the Tulip Festival with Sharon and JoAnn. Holland, MI is a beautiful place. Lots and lots of tulips. The parade was fun and it was interesting to learn about my heritage. My girlfriends from my hometown came to visit for the weekend. Also completed the Bayshore 10k with my sister and cousins.


June: My sister in law Sharlyn married Lee in AL. I sang: When You Say Nothing At All and Q accompanied me with his guitar. It was great to have all the family together. This was the weekend we figured I got pregnant with Waylon. Love was in the air!!! Gibson celebrated his 5th birthday.

July: Celebrated 4th of July. Took a trip out to Utah to visit Quentin's brother's families. Stella and her cousins Anna and Maddie eating Popsicles on the step. Went blueberry picking with the kids.

August: Had a Bogard (Mom's side of the family) get together at our house. It was fun watching all the boys splash in the pool. The alligator didn't have a chance. Quentin celebrated his 31st birthday.


September: We visited Gull Meadow Farms with a group of friends from church. The kids enjoyed their pumpkins, apples, doughnuts, and juice. Took a trip up north for Labor Day to Hughston's Cow Camp Rodeo.


October: I am in charge of some great girls at church. Our group is called Activity Day Girls. We had one of their Mothers come who is a very talented baker. She taught the girls how to use different tips, and decorate cupcakes. Kids enjoyed Halloween this year. Trick or treating is more fun than the year before. We also found out that Gibson and Stella is having a baby brother.

November: I know this is an October picture. But wouldn't you believe we didn't take any pictures in November? This is a shot of my Mom and Dad before they went to their Halloween party. I do know, we had a very nice Thanksgiving.

December: Enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with both sides of the family. It was great teaching the kids about the true meaning of CHRISTmas. We feel very blessed and had a terrific 2009.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!!!

7 comments:

val m said...

What a fun post!! It's always fun to look back and remember why we are so tired!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a post Kasey. I loved it! Such great memories. I love the picture of your little family at the end - you make such a cute pregnant lady :)

Small House said...

GREAT YEAR! Pictures were fun to look at. You looked calm as could be singing at your sisters wedding! Here's to another great year!!
Sandra

Peggy said...

That was fun, to look back on your "best of" 2009 year . . . thank you for taking the time to post it! Being pregnant is very becoming on you . . . you look great there gal! I hope 2010 brings the Hunt family many memorable moments!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

What a lovely year! I need to do something like this just so that I can remember everything that happened in 2009. It was a lot ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fun year! I hope 2010 is just as exciting for you guys!

Grand Pooba said...

Still can't believe you ran a 10k!