It seems in blog land and in my world several people are dealing with the winter/ January blah's. I too at certain times feel no motivation and think summer will never be here. When the sun comes out I try to soak up the sun like Sheryl Crow!
You don't know when the sun will shine again in Michigan.
I came up with a Top 10 List of how to beat the winter blah's!!
10. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. I've noticed when I do these things I feel better and have more energy. Join Sandra in her Get Healthy Challenge!
9. Put some good music on. Nothing cheers me up more than when I can sing my heart out to some Pat Benetar or Sugarland. Or put some music in for your kids and have them sing. Get the spatulas and whisks out and have a concert.
8. Exercise!! It always puts me in a better mood.
7. Phone a friend or relative. Tell them how cool they are!! Be a bucket filler as I tell my kids!!
6. Sit down and read a good book. Robyn has had a series of great recommendations for books to read on her blog. I'm currently reading "The Wedding" by Nicholas Sparks.
5. Puzzles. I love to sit down and challenge myself to a good puzzle.
4. Watch the news. Very shortly you'll realize you have it pretty good compared to the rest of the world.
3. Read blogs. These crazy talented, funny, women really know how to make me smile! Kelly, for example !
2. Think of others. Make an extra special dinner for your spouse or loved one. Show them that you care. Retire to the bedroom a little early with your spouse, if you know what I mean!!!
1. The #1 thing that puts me in a better mood is reading my scriptures. I always feel closer to the spirit and it helps me put things into perspective.
Hope the Top 10 Solutions to beat the winter blah's has helped you out! As the saying on my sister's foot says: This Too Shall Pass.......................
6 comments:
We don't have winter in our side of the world but your list sure works to beat the blues regardless of the season.
BTW, love your blog's header, very charming and quirky!
what a great, nourishing list! i need to print it and put it on my wall. thought i'm hopeless with puzzles, totally hopeless.
Those were awesome. Loved the number one solution! So true.
Great ideas! We had an unusually cold snap here in NC. I think we are finally through the worst. It was in the 60s this past weekend.... yahoo! I started to feel the blahs really bad!
I couldn't agree more!!! These certainly do help.
Hope you're feeling well!!
Have a great day.
Sandra
I need to print this out and hang it on my wall! I always get the winter blues, especially after the holidays because there's nothing to look forward to anymore!
You are too sweet to mention me! You are my inspiration!
Post a Comment