Friday, December 4, 2009

Mommy's Having a Baby!!!



(photo from ebay)


Yesterday as Stella and I were walking into the post office, and old woman, with white hair, no teeth, in a beat up car shouted, " Excuse me, excuse me."



Me: "Yes?"

Old Lady: "Are you pregnant?"

Me: "Yes."

Old Lady: " Is that your daughter?"

Me: "Yes."

Old Lady: "Come here, I have something for you."

Me: " Okay, ( I'm holding on to Stella's hand a little tighter by now."

Old Lady: "I've been waiting for a pregnant woman with a daughter to give you this doll. I bought it 20 years ago. My granddaughter didn't want it for Christmas. She wanted games or books. I want you to have it."

Me: ( I'm in shock now.) "Thank you very much. Stella say thank you.

Stella: " Thank you."

Old Lady: " Have a Merry Christmas"

Me: " You too, thank you again."

Me: "Stella, let's put this in the car."



After I got my book of stamps, I took a closer look at the box that had the doll in it. I couldn't believe it. A doll that is pregnant. The baby comes out of a pouch underneath her prego belly. After the baby is born you can then take her lovely prego dress with the belly off her and she has a hot Mom outfit underneath. The baby can also pee!!! It comes with a scale and sonogram, birth certificate, comb, bottle, diaper, and onsie for the baby. I showed Stella the process of the birth of this baby, and let's just say I got a good laugh. She didn't know what to think of it.

This is an expirience I'll never forget. A total starnger was waiting for the right person, 20 years later Stella and I were it. I could tell it made the old woman's day.

Merry Christmas!




16 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a sweet gesture. How cute is that doll. I have never seen anything like that. wow a collectors item.

Lindsey said...

Nathan and I were laughing so hard as we were reading this.

Jennie and Adam said...

I love this story! You were definitely in the right place at the right time!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word - that is amazing Kasey. You can't tell me that wasn't a God thing. How cool. That's probably antique! What a neat thing for Stella to experience too.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Ha! That must have been interesting :) So glad you made her day!!

Unknown said...

wow now that is a story :)

Derek Thompson said...

That is a great story! It is interesting what can happen in December.

heidi said...

What an awesome story! That doll is super cool, too.

Clenece said...

LOL, I will have to see this doll.

val m said...

That is so awesome!! What a sweet memory for you and Stella! A story 20 years in the making!

Peggy said...

My Mom used to say that "everything happens for a reason". Coincidence,that you all at the post office at that specific time, or fate?! What a nice gesture of that 'ole gal!

Robyn said...

I've never seen a preggo doll before--maybe we should pitch the idea to Barbie! What a great story!

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!
A GOD THING FOR SURE!

AUNT NORMA

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! I can't believe the woman held onto it for 20 years!

Anonymous said...

Wow... that is amazing! What a cool doll!

Stephi said...

yay!! I love Christmas! The season of giving. and that doll sounds hilarious!! lol