Friday, November 13, 2009

Three Word Thursday

(image from google)

We're. The. Monkees.


Nothing gets me more in a chipper mood than listening to these guys while baking cookies with my #1 helper Stella!! I suppose I got this out b/c last year when my family was here for Thanksgiving we played the same cd, while preparing our Thanksgiving meal. It was a great memory. We each had a kitchen utensil in our hand singing and dancing together, being silly. Looking forward to some more dancing and singing this year as well.
Think about it, why not have some music playing that you can dance to while baking. Burn off a few calories and maybe that extra cookie or dough you ate can be justified!!

It's been one of those weeks where we have been busy, but nothing too exciting happened. Quentin was able to fulfill a life long dream and saw Metallica live in concert Monday night. He said it was surreal and the guys can still rock out!!

I've been busy entering Christmas giveaways and reading crafting blogs to get ideas for Christmas. Trying to get back into using coupons again. Man- great deals, but sure does take a lot of time.

And I'm currently in nesting mode. I feel bad for my husband..... I'm kind of O.C.D. when I nest. I feel so good when I clean though and organize and through out things/ donate things we don't need or use anymore.

Started my Christmas shopping. Have you? Check out Just A Girl's blog. She has hundreds of links for homemade ideas for Christmas.

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I lOved the Monkees they are so good.
I am so OCD too. I love to organize and clean also. Have a great weekend.
Mimi

Small House said...

OH MY WORD.....we love the Monkees, including my teenagers. We have currently been watching all the old Monkee episodes. You can get them on Netflix.

AND YES...I've started Christmas shopping. My goal is to be done with my family by the end of November. That way our ward can throw anything at me, and I won't be to stressed out.
Have a great day cleaning. I wish I was.
Sandra

David said...

I love the link you poasted about the homemade ideas for Christmas!! Thanks for sharing!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh man, maybe it's the holidays that bring it out in us but I am in the nesting mood too and I love it!

Anonymous said...

I haven't started my Christmas shopping! I'm usually one of those that waits until the last minute. I'm going to try to do better this year!

Laura Waltz said...

I saw the cutest idea on howdoesshe.com! We are moving, so between that and being due too close to Christmas I wont get to do these ornaments this year, but I want to do them next year for sure! They have some great ideas on their website for some gifts.

http://www.howdoesshe.com/2009/11/christmas-gift-idea-grandparents/
(the 5 snowmen idea)

Dustmite said...

The Monkees are awesome!