Tuesday, November 17, 2009

We Have A Name!

I was starting to get worried about what Curious George's name would really be. My husband and I couldn't decide on a common name we both agreed on. He had one name that was very plain and very popular. I had several that were cute, however, Quentin didn't like them or wasn't in love with them.
It kind of started out this way when I was pregnant with Gibson.We couldn't agree. We found his name in a Anne Gedee's journal that my friend had. One of the babies name was Gibson. I thought it was adorable and Q fell in love with it, b/c he had a Gibson guitar of course!

Stella is named after my great Aunt Stella who was like another Grandma to me. Stella is also a brand of guitar! So, Q of course loved this name too.


Curious George's name is not after a guitar. In fact, I know of no other person named this other than a famous country singer. We were watching a movie from Netflix and the boy's name was ...... . Instantly, we both looked at each other and agreed that it was the perfect fit for our baby! I'm so relieved that the process of naming our child is done! My sisters have guessed already. I want to keep it a secret until he arrives, but now, I'm wondering if that is possible.

Oh yeah- Stella's new name for C.G. is Cheese!!

How did you decide on your children's names? Did you both choose? Did you research through books and on line? Was it an easy decision for you?

I'm curious.

20 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so cool when you just both agree. WHat is it?

Katie staten said...

Okay, so now I'm just going to start throwing out names to figure out what his name is.
Buddy
Bart
Casey :)
Chet
Blake
Clay
Kenny
Garth
Okay, I'll stop. I'm glad you found a name. With us, Luke was a Luke. And with Olivia, I had Ryan keep trying it out until he liked it.

Grand Pooba said...

LOL I was going to start guessing like kt but the only country singer I know if Garth Brooks. I hate waiting to find out! How much longer!

Kasey said...

Great guesses Katie! However, none are correct. Keep trying!!

Lindsey said...

I am glad you have found his name. Now, I am super curious. Too bad I am not too familiar with country music.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

OH it was down to the wire with our last child. I can't wait hear what you picked out!!
I'm so excited for you!
Hugs
Kim

val m said...

Is it Statler?

val m said...

What about Toby, Harlan or Zane????

Robyn said...

I'm going go with Kenny...? Kenny Cheese.

Clenece said...

OUCH, your going to play this game. Well then, two can play at this. lol. Glad you guys settled on one.

Carri said...

With my daughter she was Breanna Alexis the whole pregnancy. The night before my baby shower my husband decided he did not like it. So on to figuring out names. We both wrote a list and my daughters name was on both of our list's it just worked out perfectly. With my son we just kept going through names until I found one I loved since hubby didn't like that either we kept thinking and came up with a variation which is now our sons name. I love unique but not insanely unique names. I love picking names it is such an important task and a gift your child will have forever.

Derek Thompson said...

We love that you have a name , but now it is really starting to worry me that we don't have one for ours. If you guys come across any other names that sound good send them my way this kid needs all the help he can get. Right now i think we would end up calling him ....... I can't even think of a nick name. This is super sad!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you both have been able to agree! I'm curious!

Mike Laughead said...

I'm glad that you both agreed on Billie Ray, I was rooting for that one as well.

Eva and Penelope are kind of named after my great-grandmother and Candace's mom, but mostly we liked the sound of the names.

Katie staten said...

Guy
Hank
Harlan
Dwaine
Roy
Ronnie
Wayne
Wayland
Wade
Am I any closer?

Small House said...

OH darn...I was getting a bit excited waiting...waiting...for you to tell what the name was!!

Our oldest's name is Chaz. We just thought it was cool, and it's short for Charles, his grandpa.

Beth is after my grandma. And our youngest is Nelson. My maiden name. Our fourth child died, but was named after her grandmas. Ellen Kathleen.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!
Sandra

Kasey said...

Katie-

One of those names are correct! Way to go! Only thing is, it is spelled differently!!

Anonymous said...

What movie was it??!! Hahaha :) Ok, out of Katie's list - I'm guessing Harlan or Waylon :)
I saw your mom today - Emmitt had a 2 yr physical :) She's so sweet. She told me she's going to your ultrasound tomorrow?! How fun. Have a great time!

Lindsey said...

Yes, out of Katie's second list I am guessing Harlan. Fess up, which is it?

Mother Hood said...

We chose names for the boys that ended in with the same letter that our last name ends with. The names seem to flow nicely with our last names. And since they're boys and will have the same last name forever that was important to us.

BTW I love CHEESE!