Thursday, October 29, 2009

Here, Here, and Here


Halloween is coming. Are you ready? Got your candy bought? Costumes bought or made? There are several offices and schools that are buying the kids candy and shipping it out to the armed forces. I thought this was a genius idea. What do you do with all your candy?



I've been reading some really great blogs lately that have gotten me so excited about Christmas, baking, crafting, etc. I have to share with you all.


I've mentioned on my F.B. page that my new favorite recipe blog is called Our Best Bites. They have an awesome Pumpkin Shake recipe that you have to try HERE.


Tuesday night I have some lady friends come over for a Favorite Fall Recipe Collection. Everyone brings and makes one of their favorite recipes they like to the party, along with copies of the recipe. We were able to sample food, have some lady talk, etc. We voted on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best recipes. The rolls you see on the bottom were the grand prize winner!! Delicious homemade bread with ham and cheese, and spinach wrapped in them. She has her version of how she makes them on her blog. You can check it out HERE. Congrats again to Robyn. 2nd and 3rd place were Alicia's Baked Potato Soup, and Rollie's Pumpkin Pie. We had squash soup, another potato soup, bars, cakes, breads, chex mix, pumpkin shakes, etc.


Need an idea for Christmas? Life On Grace has a great way to use old sweaters to make a beautiful, easy sweater stocking. You can check it out HERE.


My friend Samantha has Handmade Monday's on her blog. HERE she shows you step by step how to make a Rosette in 6 Easy Steps. This would be a great embellishment on your new sweater stocking or for a shirt, or winter coat, or headband.

So there you have it, get inspired!!

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks for all the links. I love to see how creative other people are and be jealous. Yes, I would love to send our unused candy over to the troops. We always have way too much.

Clenece said...

I totally forget about the girls night...opps! Hope you all had fun! It looks like I missed out! =(

Liza said...

Love the table, it looks great!
the sweater stockings are super cute.

Unknown said...

Spooky Halloween decor.....
I just happened to run on to the adorable sweater Christmas socks today. THEY ARE CUTE! Thanks for the other links.

Have fun at your recipe swap!!
Sandra

The Dragonfly said...

Great post! All the great ideas ready to be stolen by me. My favorite part, however, was being called your friend. You rock!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

How fun to get together for food and recipe sharing!! I love getting new creative ideas too :)

Grand Pooba said...

Did you say pumpkin shake?! I'm SO there!

I've got a candy bowl in my office and the day after halloween everyone comes and pours their left over halloween candy in it! It lasts forever!

The Kelly Variety said...

I want to come! Looks like you had fun. Next time, I'm there. . .well maybe I'll just read about and pretend I'm there!