You would think our yard was a war zone. I could say that some aliens came down and destroyed our lawn with their laser beams chasing after a squirrel, but that would be just too crazy! The truth is, Quentin is replacing our sprinkling system. It hasn't been used in over 20 years! The previous owner didn't use it because of all the cracks in the lines. We want a nice green lawn, so Q fixed it. I'm grateful that Quentin is so ambitious. He's a hard worker. His Dad also came over to help. We also found out we have a severe mole problem in our yard. Time to get some Lime!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
War Zone? Nope.
You would think our yard was a war zone. I could say that some aliens came down and destroyed our lawn with their laser beams chasing after a squirrel, but that would be just too crazy! The truth is, Quentin is replacing our sprinkling system. It hasn't been used in over 20 years! The previous owner didn't use it because of all the cracks in the lines. We want a nice green lawn, so Q fixed it. I'm grateful that Quentin is so ambitious. He's a hard worker. His Dad also came over to help. We also found out we have a severe mole problem in our yard. Time to get some Lime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
I miss our days in Utah when we had a nice sprinkling system and a green, lush lawn.
Here in VA you're supposed to let the rain and humidity green up your lawn. Ours is totally lacking!
And we've got moles too.
How nice that he took the initiative!
Wow--That looks like an ambitious undertaking!Good for you guys :)
That looks like a huge job--good luck!
Hey, this looks exactly like around our little pond. Except, it was a Muskrat hard at work during the winter. It's a mess.
Have fun filling in the trenches!
Sandra
We are blessed to have an artisian well for our sprinklers to run off of. Yet we still don't have a very green lawn! LOL. We have a bad mole problem as well.
3 months from now we need to see an updated lawn picture! LOL.
Hugs.
Kim
Ceesal and Jackie huh? I read this to Halle and I have a funny feeling we will soon have pet worms with the same name! She thought that was great!
ahh, no fun! Good luck! It is nice having a Mr. Fix husband around!
That is awesome that he was able to do that himself. We wish we had an inground sprinkler system:) cute names for the worms, Stella is very creative.
Yea for green lawns! We don't have sprinklers and I am not used to allowing it to go a little brown! Thankfully it didn't have a chance to do that last year! Good Job at fixing it - it makes me tired just looking at it!
I like green grass for a few weeks then I am happy when it starts to die and get crunchy from the summer heat. Less yard work to do! :O)
We have mole problems too. Does lime work on them> We use lime in our garden for pest control but never thought about using it on the moles!
Ceesal and Jackie? Well of course, those are perfect names for a couple of worms lol. She cracks me up!
And what a great hubby you have! Sprinklers suck, really.
I am coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs! What a great blog you have here!
I think Q can fix anything!!!
My sweet husband.....N.O.T.H.I.N.G!!
That's great! It'll do wonders for your yard! We are hoping to add one when it comes time for the landscaping project.
You have a handy husband just like me! Aren't we lucky?
Post a Comment