Friday, March 20, 2009

Going to State!!!

McBain defeated Napoleon Thursday. 54-48. My little sis scored the last 2 points of the game. It was such a good game. Great effort made by all!! You can read the articles about the game on Detroit Free Press's website and Cadillac Evening News website.


Go Ramblers!!

Did you play sports in high school, college? What did you play? How have sports helped you become the person you are today? For my husband it taught him discipline. As a young kid he told me he would get in trouble a lot, disrupting class, being the class clown, etc. His elementary teacher told him that she would see him in Jackson State Penitentiary!! I don't think so lady. My hubby is very talented in many areas and has accomplished a lot already!!

I enjoyed playing basketball, volleyball, and softball in high school. I'm a competitive person, I like the challenge. I had some really great coaches and teammates. My J.V. coach was tough. As a person we really didn't get along that great, but she was a great coach. We were 19-1 and 20-0 I believe my JV years on B-ball. I learned so much from her. I learned that having discipline, hard work, determination, effort, and believing in myself can help me achieve my goals!!

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Good for her! Sounds like fun!

Peggy said...

Congrats to your Sis on the win! Way to go!

My sister was the athletic one, in our family. I was the drill team, computer wiz, and crafty one. Funny that I look at my boys versus my sisters boys . . . the boys are pretty much the same way (minus the drill team). :o) I

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh, that is awesome that they are going to State...just one more game to watch...I love it when the season just keeps going.
I was a volleyball girl all the way and then went on to coach Varsity Volleyball at a school I taught at. I love that sport.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your sis!

Proud Mommy said...

Oh man I was hoping they would pull it out, but I see they lost. What an accomplishment to get all the way to the State Finals!!!! Not many can say that!!! I was a b-ball girl all the way. It is so good for kids to be involved in something (even if it's not a sport) b/c they do learn dedication, drive, determination and how to be part of a team. Congrats to your sis on a great season!!! :o)

Small House said...

WINNERS YEA!!!
My boys are athletes. And my daughter besides being a beautiful dancer, letters in cross country and track. As for me....well...let's just say, I can't even walk straight. Not sportsy. I admire those that are.
have a great day.
Sandra