Tonight for Activity Girl's we are going to make Easter S'Mores. With the help of Stella we made this one. I was going to use empty glass mayonnaise jars but the mouth was too narrow. Thankfully Meijer had some 1 Qt. wide mouth canning jars stocked. I thought that these were really cute. I got the idea off Sugardoodle.
Ingredients and Directions:
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 Q jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them.
5.Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6.On top of this pour 1 1/4 C Easter M&M's or Cadbury Eggs.
7. Spoon 1/3 C brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon.
Attach a gift tage with the following instructions:
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 C butter; add 1 tsp vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9' square pan. Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. (Makes 9-12 bars.)
** Optional - leave bunnies whole; combne remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.
Enjoy!!
13 comments:
These are so cute. Have you tried the finished recipe? I am wondering if it is any good or if it is "sugar-overload"!!
I love that idea. Those are so cute.
i'm going to have to try this on even though it is not on my eat healthy plan :)
Cute, Cute, Cute Kasey!!!! I love it and I am so sad Tia can't come tonight - she is already sad about it! She has her 3rd grade concert tonight and is also excited to sing in that! She will miss you!
OH MY WORD THE GIRLS WILL LOVE THOSE! Even if you don't make the smores, it's sure cute to look at!
Have fun at Activity Days.
My sister serves in Activity Days and she loves it!
Have a good day.
Sandra
They are so cute and they would make great Teacher gifts.
ADORABLE! But....I have the same question as Lindsey.....is it good?
I would love to make these for the kids teachers!!!
I have not tried the recipe yet. Yes, it is total sugar overload. I don't care for Peeps so I'm not in a hurry to make it, however, I do like it for decoration or to give it as a gift!!
This is adorable! It might be too cute to actually eat, though!
Yum-O & soooo cute!
-Jill
This is such a great gift idea!
What a cute idea and it's kid friendly too! Awesome! Thank you for sharing Kasey!
I made the recipe today!!! I wanted to try it out before giving it to the kids teachers. It really does taste like a smore....it is by no means "pretty" when cooked.....but the taste it good! We put the Peeps in it instead of on top....If you want to do it this way, be sure and cut the Peeps up into SMALL pieces!!
The kids loved it!!! : )
Post a Comment