Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Carrot Cake

You wanted it, you got it!!!

Carrot cake:

2 C sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 C vegetable oil
2 C flour, white or whole wheat
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
3 tsp cinnamon
3 C grated carrot
1 C chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Cream together, the sugar, eggs, and oil. in a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.

Mike together and then add the grated carrots

Bake at 350-25-30 minutes

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2C butter, melted
1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
1tsp vanilla

Cream the softened cream cheese. Blend with butter. Add powered sugar and vanilla.

7 comments:

Clenece said...

looks yummy! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

Sonja said...

Yummy! This sounds so good. I am going to have to try this one.

Karol said...

YESSS! Thanks so much.

Karol :0)

He & Me + 3 said...

Thank you so much! YUM!

alice said...

I've been looking for a carrot cake recipe...sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good!

Grand Pooba said...

Yay! Thank you! Now I need to come up with an excuse to make it. Wait, what am I saying? You don't need an excuse to bake a cake!