Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This is how I roll......

This is my new passion if you haven't noticed already. Frugal shopping. It has been so fun. With just a little work I have saved hundreds already. It's not for everybody. Some just don't have the time others are fortunate enough to not have to worry about money. Nonetheless, I enjoy this so much. It's a game to me to see where and how I can get the best deal. I don't buy something unless it's on sale or I have a coupon for it!! There are some exceptions of course. And with my husband being in sales, I can't go wrong!!!

Here is what I picked up at Meijer today using their sales and my coupons:


4 Aunt Millie's Bread = $3.30

2 Glade Aersol = $1

2 Glade Refils = $3

1 Glade Oil Warmer = free

4 Tostino Pizza Rolls Boxes = 3.20

2 Cascade boxes = $4

Quaker Rice Snack = .50 cents

My total sales with other items not posted, I saved over $30.00 with everything. I was geeked!!

What hobby makes you happy or excited?

11 comments:

Vanessa said...

I guess mine would be cooking....I LOVE it when a new Southern Living magazine comes in....or a Cooking Light magazine....or a new episode of Paula Deen or Iron Chef on the Food Network!!!

Small House said...

There is a great lady that lives through the field from us, and she saves a ton of cash just like you. It's amazing to me. I'm trying to jump on that band wagen. She's helping me get started. BUT...I geuss my get excited hobby would be when I finish a primitive stitch pattern. Love to do that.
Have a great day.
Sandra

Karol said...

Great job! I REALLY need to be doing this. I used to make a grocery list for the week and look at all the grocery store sales ads and then shop at 3 stores for the best deals. I really need to start doing this again. Thanks for the encouragement.

Where do you get coupons?

Karol :0)

He & Me + 3 said...

I love Meijers. I love saving money too. I tell my husband..."i got a steal" I am all about the sales with coupons. Love that!

Clenece said...

I to love Finding good deal!!

Anonymous said...

I have just started dipping into coupons. We have a lady at church that saves a ton. She will be teaching a class on it in the next few months. I think it's fun to see how much you save too.

Peggy said...

We don't have a Meijers near us. :o( Seems like a great place to shop & get great deals though!

Liz, you've gotta share what you learn @ the class! Saving money is always good!

Great job!

Grand Pooba said...

Holy Cow I need to learn from you!

I love finishing a cross word puzzle perfectly. Makes me happy!

(I'm a nerd)

Liza said...

You should put all that money you're saving in a "Kasey's fund"
as a reward for all the hard work you do as a mother, wife and homemaker. Before you know it, you have enough saved to buy something special for you, take a vacation and take me with you!! lol!!

Proud Mommy said...

You are speaking my language!!! I went to Meijer this week and purchased $201 of groceries for $129!!! That makes the coupon clipping sooooo worth it to me!!! Great job!!

Richelle said...

Isn't bargain shopping fun?! Thanks for stopping by my blog.