Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious!


Last night I was sitting on the couch with Stella and I started singing the Mary Poppins song: Don't Go to Sleep. Stay awake, don't go to sleep, don't close your eyes..... she starts crying uncontrollably and says it's a scary song. It took her 15 minutes to calm down. I don't have the voice of Celine Dion but I can carry a tune! This morning I went on You Tube and had her watch that song to prove that it is not a scary song and Mary Poppins is good. She would not stay in the room. I then clicked on Supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious. That was the straw that broke the camel's back!! She started crying again!! What is wrong??? What am I going to do if I can't have: A Spoonful of Sugar? I love Mary Poppins. She loves to sing with me but for some reason really dislikes Mary Poppin's songs.

This was taken on Sunday. She was not impressed with me because I put pigtails in her hair.

12 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

But the pigtails are so cute! And how could anyone be afraid of Marry Poppin's songs?

val m said...

That is so hilarious!! You never know what will scare them! She looks darling in her pig tails!!

Robyn said...

She looks so happy with her pigtails!
I was like that as a kid whenever I listened to "Puff the Magic Dragon." So much for kid-friendly movies!

Candace said...

I can't even believe that she freaked out at that song! You didn't even sing the chimney sweep songs which should have frightened her.

Vanessa said...

I LOVE the pigtails....sorry she didn't! Maybe she just wasnt in the mood for them!

Its so funny that I read your blog about Mary Poppins today because my 4th grade daughter came home from choir after school saying that they were singing some of the Mary Poppins songs in their Spring performance! Stella would be so disappointed!!!!!

ps....I am stalking the mailman~!

Anne said...

That is hilarious! I have a horrible voice and my son covers his ears and says in a very official tone, "That's E-NOUGH!" Ha!

heidi said...

I love the pigtails!!!

Poor kiddo. Who knows why certain things are scary to them

Anonymous said...

She is too cute in those pigtails!

I guess you can rule out singing any Mary Poppins songs to her.

He & Me + 3 said...

Bummer...I love Mary Poppins. My kids love that movie. Strange how certain things scare kids. Her piggies are cute.

Peggy said...

Was she super tired? Funny what they remember, what they repeat (always when it's appropriate, right?), how their interests change, and what scares them! To think we were the same way?! You think our parents wondered the same thing? No way?! :o)

She looks too darn cute in those pigtails!

The Dragonfly said...

I used to be totally afraid of the lady who sand "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins.

BTW, her pig tails are so totally cute!

Email me at emailsamanthalee@aol.com - I think I have a good baby shower centerpiece idea for you. :)

Mother Hood said...

Funny how kids freak out at things that don't make sense to us. I used to scream and cry over my grandma's black cat S&P shakers.

And ya know what? She told me she's "willed" them to me. So when she croaks those kitties are mine!