Friday, January 2, 2009

Put on a Happy Face!

I've been reading several blogs the past two days about making New Year's resolutions or setting new goals for the years. I prefer goals over resolutions. I've also read blogs where they do the top 10 photos of 2008. I may do that later. It was cute.

I really liked Table Scraps blog today. She chose one word to focus on for the new year. She chose HOME. I like the idea of simplifying a goal or theme for the year into one word.

My one word for the year is ATTITUDE. The reason I chose this word is because I struggle with it.

I need to have a better attitude about myself. I am my own worst enemy. I am worth a pedicure, massage, or shopping trip occasionally! I need to take better care of myself. I will lose the weight this year, I will follow my sister's example and exercise on a regular basis. When I do that then it makes for a happier home. 'Cause when Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!!! (Is that how the saying goes?) My hubby says that my mood determines the tone of the house.

I need to have a better attitude when my kids are screaming and I'm about ready to lose it.

I need to have a better attitude towards my husband and realize that he doesn't think the same like me, therefore, I need patience too, lots of it!!! ( love ya honey!!)

I need to have a better attitude towards the trials that are happening in this world. I need to have faith and find the positive things in life.

I need to have a better attitude and put a smile on my face so I can be a good example to my children.

I need to have a better attitude because it's healthy and smiling looks a whole lot better than a frown!! Turn that frown upside down. Put on a happy face. Blue skies are going to clear up!

If you could sum up your one focus word for the year, what would it be?

11 comments:

Karol said...

Kasey,

I will have to think of my word, but I do like yours. As I read your words, I realized this year I have thought of those same things. It is good take take care of ourselves. When we do we are able to take care of our family better and happier. That is something I just learned at the age of 39.

I will be thinking of my word this weekend.

Karol :0)

P.S. I love the pics on your blog. They are adorable.

Proud Mommy said...

One word.....Determination.....to keep my house "tidier", to pay off some nagging bills, to get at least one job around the house done this summer and to drop 30 pounds.
I like your word too.....some would say I have "attitude" issues....they are usually the one's that cause me to have an attitude!!!!!

UtahJenny said...

What a great idea - I guess I was already geared up for this as I have been focusing on the need to "SIMPLIFY" - so that is my focus. We have WAY too much "crap" in our home and I want it OUT. I have too much body clutter too, so I would like to simplify that, and I am one who has to go ALL OUT when I do things, I am hoping to learn to do things well without making myself crazy.

Anyhow, I have spent a few minutes reading over some of your entries - I love your bedtime routine - that is so very sweet - I wouldn't ever change a thing if I were you.

AND ... your little ice cream thief looks like a great match for my boy - maybe we'll have to get them together someday :) very cute.

Have a great new year - look forward to more 'Fro moments!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I will have to check out the Tablescraps! Great list...I could work on some of those too!
-sandy toes

Robin Beck said...

Hi Kasey,
I've been on a much needed blogging break but am back now. I saw that you posted on my blog and wanted to come over and say thank you. All the prayers have worked and our grandbaby Noel is healed and doing wonderful!

I love your word for this year it is a good one!
I'm having a hard time just picking one word...The two that come to mind are:
Simplify & Grace
Simplifying my life and being gracious to others.
I do hope you and your beautiful family have a happy and blessed New Year!
Robin~♥

Lindsey said...

Great word...I will also have to think about my word for awhile. What a great idea.

Robyn said...

I think I'm with you on Attitude... for the same reasons. Or Health, for other, obvious ones.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

You so inspire me...I think I need an attitude adjustment for the new year too :)

Lindsey said...

Okay, I am back with my word for the year: ENERGY

I would like to have more energy for my children, marriage, exercise, and personal goals. I want to not only do better, but feel great and energized each day!

Anne said...

Yes, Yes! Attitude is the best word ever. I wake up every day and say , "No yelling today." and then twenty minutes later I am all over Miss O for singing Hannah Montana songs to herself in the mirror when we have two minutes to get to school. I feel ya' sister!

heidi said...

I did this last year, too. My word was choice - because I needed to remember that I had choices to make all the time. I could CHOOSE how to respond to my kids freaking out, I could CHOOSE to not associate with toxic people, I could CHOOSE to spend time in prayer, etc.

I haven't done it this year. I'd focus on attitude, too, but I think that my attitude is focused enough. ;-)