Sunday, January 4, 2009
One Room Down........ two more to go!
I got the urge to paint Friday night. I was sick of our white walls in our bedroom with brown curtains. Didn't go good. And the walls still had the anchors in from the previous owners wall hangings. It's been over a year in our house, it was about time I did something with it. Our bed spread is green and brown with a little yellow and tan. I really like the green and thought I was going to go with that color for the walls and then Q brought it to my attention that I shouldn't do that, b/c then we'll have a mint chocolate chip room. I agreed. I chose a soft yellow. It is more challenging to paint in this house because our walls are textured plaster with half circle shapes. I even bought one coat paint thinking that'll do the trick. Wrong!! Two coats later it's finished.
This picture really doesn't capture the real color of it. This chair is my Great Grandmother's. My Mom gave it to me. Every time I sit on it I think of them. I loves pieces of history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love warm yellows - they make me feel cozy and at home. My house has lots of yellow in it - a buttercream color. It works for me.
The Noteboard that you won from Karol's blog will go nicely, with those new walls too!! :o)
Oh I like it!!!
Post a Comment