Friday, January 9, 2009

Girls Just Want to have Fun...........

I love getting together with my girlfriends. My definition of girlfriends include family members too. (Females of course!!) Every spring I get together with my cousins for a girl's weekend. So fun. We can just goof off and not have to worry about making dinner, changing diapers, and best of all we can sleep in!!! It's a mini vacation for me.


I want to know, what do you do when you go out with your girls? Do you go to the movies, out to eat, go over to one's house and have a pedicure night. Do you get together to scrapbook, start book clubs?

I also host a recipe exchange and we have a theme evertime we get together. This has been a huge success to.

I have been so excited to meet so many new women through blogging this week. I love to blog. I love reading blogs. I'm learning, sharing, and growing to love all of you. You are all unique and awesome in your own way. I'm looking forward to reading more blogs and getting to know the new bloggers that have visited this week.

Blogging has been so beneficial for me. As you know I'm a stay at home Mom. The biggest adjustment after my first was the lack of social life!! I missed working. I missed the adult intercation. Blogging has really opened that window back up and now all I see is sunshine!!!!

14 comments:

Grand Pooba said...

I LURV girl's night! What we do depends on the girls I'm with! We usually like to go out to dinner so we can all sit and chat away! But my favorite girls nights are when we actually organize a blind wine tasting. It is so much fun!!

I'm glad I got to meet you through blogging, we need to figure out how to have a blog-world girls night out!

Queen Bean said...

Hi Kasey, Thanks for stopping by my blog. I put that cute angel above a closet door in my bedroom. Deana

Mother Hood said...

Man...I'm such a hermit. I see other moms through church, preschool, and my son's sport. But other than that I don't get out much. Seems like every time I try to get out someone or some child gets sick!

But when I do get out by MYSELF...I sneak over to my friend's house while her girls are sleeping and her hubby is at work (he works nights). My husband stays home with the boys, while they're in bed and my friend and I watch a TV show, eat ice cream/pie and visit.

Man that sounds so sad! Thank goodness for blogging!

Anonymous said...

The only girl's night I do is at church once a month. It's a lot of fun. We eat, talk, watch a movie, or do a project.

I am really enjoying the blog world too. It's great meeting new people.

Peggy said...

Our girl's night out is normally all of us getting together to scrapbook or make cards . . . whatever UFO project we need to finish. Of course there is always food and alcohol involved! :o)

We have a recipe book (all the same size) and have a recipe exchange too! The pages are similar to scrapbook pages, as they have embellishments, etc. and that's how we exchange recipes. So when I find a good recipe, I make six of the 5.5" x 8.5" pages, so we can all have a copy! It's alot of fun and a small labor of love for my girlfriends . . .

We all need to be with our girlfriends . . . it's rejuvenating for all of us!

Love your blog!

val m said...

Before I moved my friends (started with 7 girls- 2 have moved)and I got together once a month for 12 years!!! We would all bring a snack so we ate a lot and we all brought a project to work on if we felt like it. We would start at 7:00 and go until about 2am!! I miss it a lot! We are a support group for one another and it was great! I keep wanting to start it up here, but I guess I am just lazy!!

Anne said...

Girls Nite = sushi and too much wine! Miss those though- havent been out much since #3 came along...

heidi said...

Gosh, I haven't had a GNO since before my 2 year old was born. Isn't that sad? *sigh* I'll just live vicariously through you!

Before we moved here, GNO with my friends generally consisted of dinner and talking. Sometimes a movie. More often than not a few of us would end up doing stupid stuff like shopping cart races at WM in the middle of the night or ice blocking down a big ole hill. Good times. ;-)

Vanessa said...

We usually dress up and go out to dinner and visit or stay in (in pjs and no makeup) and watch a movie! Everyone brings snacks......it is just fun!! I think it becomes even more important if you are a SAHM (I did that for 6 yrs!) because you see no one!!! Make it a priority and make sure your hubby knows how much it means to you....then maybe it will happen!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I'm with you on the blogging thing. I love it! It's such an outlet and I've met some wonderful gals as well. I think we should all get together and call it "Blogstock". LOL.
Hugs.
Kim

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Hi-second time visiting (BTW, thanks for your comment on my blog a few days ago!) and I just wanted to say I love the header on your blog...very cute....I don't know how to be that creative quite yet :-) As for girl's night out? They don't happen very often with 5 kids, but it's usually a meal IN PEACE and it takes at least 2 hours!! A girl's gotta chat you know.

The Dragonfly said...

My sis-in-law is a total girl's night gal. But this year she decided that instead of a dinner out or a movie, she wanted to "do more" and is now hosting a pot luck for her girl friends once a month and they will do charitable service for an organization in the community.

I like this idea for several reasons, but mostly because I feel like it's justifiable, even to my Hubby and because it isn't "church" sponsored, but is still giving and helping in the community.

First one is in two weeks . . . should be fun!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Blogging is so my outlet. Why does my husband not get that??? Anyway I love "meeting" new blog friends that I can stalk and pretend that they are my BFF's.

KaseyQ said...

Me and my girls get together several times a week to work out. We meet up at the gym at church, and we put the kids in the Primary room right across the hall. We all bring some toys to share, so they have lots to play with. We rotate watching the kids, so we each just step about for about 10 minutes. Sometimes we have a lady in our ward who teaches Zumba, Cardio Pump, and Swing Boogie classes come lead the workout; sometimes we just do a video or make up our own moves to music. Lots of fun, and we're all getting in great shape!