I've realized this weekend that we are not considered the "young crowd" anymore. There were others younger than us who were having a good time with out a care in the world, while we were looking at our watches wondering what time it was, and thinking about getting up in the morning with our little ones. Oh to be 20 again!!!! And then they played the song Love Shack. I started going out on the dance floor dancing and then all of the sudden the whole crowd forms lines and starts doing a line dance of sort to the song. Since when did Love Shack have their own dance??? I felt old! Nonetheless, it was fun, and Ryan and Kaylie looked really nice and will have a great future together.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Wedding
Saturday was Ryan and Kaylie were married. It was a fun wedding and reception. Quentin was able to catch up with guys who he either played with or against in college. I had the privilege to meet their lovely wives. The food was great, and the music was good. Luke and Q wowed the crowd with their Michael Jackson moves. Q broke his watch doing the splits, but he said it was worth it.
Group shot.
John, Luke, and Q taking a break from dancing.
Amy, myself, and Sarah. I'm feeling a little tall in this picture. I was even bending my knees to get to their height!!! I had so much fun with these girls, I'm looking forward to hanging out with them next weekend as well!
I've realized this weekend that we are not considered the "young crowd" anymore. There were others younger than us who were having a good time with out a care in the world, while we were looking at our watches wondering what time it was, and thinking about getting up in the morning with our little ones. Oh to be 20 again!!!! And then they played the song Love Shack. I started going out on the dance floor dancing and then all of the sudden the whole crowd forms lines and starts doing a line dance of sort to the song. Since when did Love Shack have their own dance??? I felt old! Nonetheless, it was fun, and Ryan and Kaylie looked really nice and will have a great future together.
I've realized this weekend that we are not considered the "young crowd" anymore. There were others younger than us who were having a good time with out a care in the world, while we were looking at our watches wondering what time it was, and thinking about getting up in the morning with our little ones. Oh to be 20 again!!!! And then they played the song Love Shack. I started going out on the dance floor dancing and then all of the sudden the whole crowd forms lines and starts doing a line dance of sort to the song. Since when did Love Shack have their own dance??? I felt old! Nonetheless, it was fun, and Ryan and Kaylie looked really nice and will have a great future together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What?!?! Surely you jest. They have PERVERTED Love Shack with a LINE DANCE?! Yes, I'm YELLING!
TIN ROOF! RUSTED!
Glad you had some fun!
Weddings are always so much fun!
Ohhhhh.... now I feel old!!! I was not aware that there was a Love Shack dance either. We have a wedding coming up.....thanks for the heads up!!!
We were sorry to miss the wedding...it's too hard for us to get away during football season. I'm glad it went well....I know what you mean about feeling old, and you are a lot younger than we are!
Nicci
Post a Comment