
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away.
My Mom used to sing this song to me when I was little and I have now passed it down to my children. It's one of Stella's favorites. It makes me happy every time I sing it. Brings back memories of comfort, love, and safety.
What's a song that your Mother or Father sang to you as a child?
3 comments:
There were lots of songs my mom sang, but we kids all think of this one as her signature song. Whenever she sang it, she adopted the persona of a small girl, shyly performing... But by the last stanza, she'd be belting it out and playing to the crowd (us), and we'd be howling. (Probably you had to be there, to really appreciate it...!)
A-tisket a-tasket
A green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it
I dropped it, I dropped it
Yes, on the way I dropped it
A little girlie picked it up
And took it to the market
She was truckin' on down the avenue
Without a single thing to do
She was peck, peck, peckin' all around
When she spied it on the ground
She took it, she took it,
My little yellow basket
And if she doesn't bring it back
I think that I shall die
(Was it red?) No, no, no, no
(Was it brown?) No, no, no, no
(Was it blue?) No, no, no, no
Just a little yellow basket
Can I just tell you how much I love the picture of your family on your header... it is so cute! And thanks so much for stoping by my blog a couple of times to say Hi. It's always nice to meet new friends through the wonderful world of blogging. My kids each have a favorite primary song that I sing to them each night in bed. Each night I ask them which song they would like me to sing to them, like I don't already know, and each night they pick the same song (the three oldest each have a different song that's their favorite!). I love the power and spirit that music brings... you have great music on your blog too by the way!
I too have sang the same song to Parker since he was born. Of course, I would love to memorize all the versus, but for now I just repeat the first.
I also sing primary songs and hymnals to him.
Post a Comment