Last night I was able to spend a little alone time while Quentin stayed home and watched the kids. We are going to a wedding next weekend in Port Huron. One of Quentin's buddies from his college basketball team is getting married. Normally I wouldn't have put a lot of thought into what I'm going to wear at a wedding but the last time his friends saw me I was about 15lbs heavier. So.... I want to look good for this wedding and I want to look nice for Quentin. He always wears suits and looks nice so I have to have something that compliments him, right????
I spent three hours last night shopping for dresses and I actually enjoyed it because clothes are laying on me different now. I bet I tried over 50 dresses. My conclusion to trying on so many dresses is: I hate zippers! My arms are so sore from trying on all those dresses and having to place my arms in a way that isn't normal just to get that zipper past my shoulder blades!!!
I think the 2nd reason why I had so much fun was I was trying on a size 10 dress!!! Yeah for me. I haven't been able to wear a 10 since B.K. time. (before kids)
I ended up getting two dresses both black with different detailing. I also bought some really cool red high heels to go with the dresses!!
Back to the zippers. The other reason why I hate them is because I was trying on a dress in Macy's and when I pulled on the zipper it went to one spot and then it wouldn't move up or down. After about 5 minutes of trying to get it off, with beads of sweat on my brow I walked out of the dressing room to find a clerk.
Picture this: I have my shirt on and a dress half undone stuck on my torso. You can imagine the looks I got when I walked out of the dressing room!! The clerk told me to just go ahead and rip it and she'll mark it as damaged. "You don't understand I said, it is stuck and you need to find scissors like now!!" She got the scissors and cut along the zipper about an inch and walked away. I went back to the dressing room to take it off and still not enough slack. I was not feeling like a size 10 at that time!! No matter how many tucks, and lifts I was trying to do with my body to get this dress off, it still wasn't budging!!
I'm in survival mode by this time and I grabbed each side of the zipper and ripped it another two inches so I could get it off me. I never was so happy to get a $53.00 dress off me!!! Thank goodness they didn't make me pay for it. The zipper never had any material stuck in it. The only thing I could think of, was the teeth were bent where it had stopped working.
I'm grateful that Quentin is blessed with such a good job that we have a little extra spending money now to buy a new dress. It wasn't always this way, but we knew that in time if we keep doing the things Heavenly Father asks of us that we will be blessed!!!
1 comment:
I would have paid money to witness the zipper incident.
Way to go for being a size 10. That is awesome.
I am glad you found 2 that you liked. Can't wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment