I finally put Gibson's letters up on his wall today. He loves to read letters so this should keep him busy as he goes to sleep at night!!! He'll be saying his name or counting the letters over and over.I took the kids to Kohl's tonight. Gibson needed new shoes. It was a nightmare. At first the kids had fun trying on new shoes, and then they took off going in different directions. So, I had to pretend there was nobody else in the store and I cranked up the volume in my voice and said in a very stern voice, "Gibson and Stella you get over here where I can see you or you both get a time out." It worked. They came to me and I thought I had it all under control until Gibson made a mad dash for the doors, and some guy who was totally clueless actually helped Gibson by opening the other door!! Gibson eventually came back to me. Then Stella didn't want to hold my hand. She went limp noodle. As we were walking out of the store, I had Gibson in a football hold and I was practically dragging Stella out of the store. When we were in the parking lot Gibson screamed that he was ready to walk. As we were walking to the car, he said I was squeezing his hand too hard!!! I really was. I was so upset. I went to the store for them. It could have been really fun. Maybe it was my own fault for thinking they would walk close to me. They really need to get normal carts in Kohls. I'm sure some day I'll look back and smile at this story. But for now, I have a headache!!
2 comments:
Sorry, but I had to laugh at your post. Only because Jadyn has started to pull antics in stores sometimes too. Why do they feel they need to make mad dashes away from us? One minute they are right there next to you and you turn your head for a second and they are halfway across the store!
We've all been there. Aren't men great though, "I should hold this door open for this little child with no adult supervision. I'm sure he'll be fine crossing the parkinglot by himself." Livvy is just getting to the age where I'm sure we'll be going in two different directions. Unfortunately Luke has taught her to hide in the racks of clothes. The last thing I need is to have is a well concealed child. Code Adam here we come.
Post a Comment