We are in the process of remodeling out kitchen. I'm really excited about this project and at the same time stressed. So many decisions. Do we keep the bulk head, or take it out, do we replace the flooring or keep it? What kind of counter tops do we go with quartz, corrian, marble, etc. It's hard to decide of a counter top only seeing a small sample of the piece.
If you have remodeled or designed your own kitchen, what tips or suggestions would you give me?
Here are the stats:
We currently have gray tile.
I want white painted cabinets.
I want the silver or brushed nickel knobs, handles, and hinges.
Our appliances are black and stainless steel.
Do we go with a dark counter top like black or dark gray, or a white color, with dark accents?
We currently have a bulk head, and have tossed around the idea of removing that so we can have more cabinet space.
Decisions, decisions!!
6 comments:
I'd get rid of the bulk head. I also like cabinets at different heights. I'm sure whatever you pick it will look great. I'm excited to see the finished product blog.
Just my two cents: Remove those bulkheads! We did when we renovated our kitchen and I love the taller cabinetry with added space. I've always thought the bulkheads break up the flow of the room - white cabinets/paint on bulkheads/white ceiling . . .
I am jealous that you are remodeling. I would love to make mine a bit bigger & get new counters. I would love to see pictures when you are done.
What a fun project! I'd definitely take out the bulk head if you can, but there might be air ducts inside. We're dealing with the same thing right now, too. What a bunch of fun problems to have :)
Lots of decisions! I wanted to thank you for stopping by Emily A Clark and reading about my chair project. I really appreciate your comment!
Sounds like it's going to look great when you are done! I think picking out counters will be really hard to do. Maybe google kitchen makeovers and see if there is a particular kitchen that speaks to you? Good luck!
Post a Comment