Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Farm Day: Part 1














Several friends and their families came to visit the farm I grew up on. When we arrived at my parents house we had lunch in their pole barn. We had a local lady in town make these yummy sugar cookies for us.

After lunch we went out to the obstacle course that my creative Mom designed.

This was the 2nd step. The 1st was running through tires on the ground. Derek is gracefully landing after going over the last set of ropes.


Had to spin around with a bat 4 times.

Here is Q leaping over the round bale.


After jumping over the round bale, you then had to throw a ping pong ball into the bucket.

After you successfully threw the ball into the bucket, you had to make a tepee out of two square bales and crawl through them.


Next you had to husk and shuck an ear of corn. This was hard on the hands, as it was a little chilly that day. And the city folk have soft hands! lol


Then you grabbed a burlap bag and raced to the finish line. I love all the excitement from the spectators in this picture! Yes, Mike beat Q to the finish line!


The kids were able to have a turn too!






4 comments:

Clenece said...

Man that looks so much fun!! Jealous

Mike Laughead said...

I think I liked seeing the dairy more than the race, but it still felt good to beat Quentin. Since we both cheated we are still unsure who really should have won though.

Liza said...

The obstacle course looks like so much fun!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

You can almost feel the excitement! :) It looks like such fun. I saw your pictures and turned to my daughter and said "we need to go to the pumpkin patch". Everyone is having so much fun with apple picking and obstacle courses. I want to go too! :)