Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Neighbor's Junk = My Treasure





Neighbor's across the street were moving out. They put this bulletin board out by the road. I saw potential. I used my free quart of Gilden paint, to paint the trim. Thanks Mom, for helping me out with the painting.


Finished product! I bought this fabric from Hobby Lobby. I tucked the edges in with a knife. I love how it turned out. Now Stella can pin her drawings or awards on her board.


Another view of the newly covered bulletin board!

10 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Very nice my friend. Great job! I love trash to treasure projects!
Hugs
Kim

Amy said...

super cute! I love when trash becomes treasure!

Tam. said...

Pefect! I love when something comes together like this! Great job.

mle said...

Your trash turned functional artwork looks great!!

Mama.Mommy.Mom. said...

Such a cute project!

You've probably been given one before, but I picked you for a One Lovely Blog award today :-)

http://www.mamamommymom.com/2010/09/feelin-love.html

The Kelly Variety said...

Love it Kasey!

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Neat idea, I never would have thought of that! It looks so great above her bed (and her quilt is gorgeous btw)!

Thanks for stopping by Sew Super Sweet today!

Liza said...

It looks great! Good Job Kasey!

AnnaBanana said...

I wish I could have your creative energy! Can you send some my way?

Anonymous said...

Love it!