Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Repost: For The Love


I know it's way before Valentine's Day, but I saw this idea from another blogger (sorry I can't remember who) and wanted to implement this to our family. I bought the mail boxes at Target for $1 a piece. They have them at Michael's too for $2.99. I stuck a sticker to the front of the mailbox starting with the first letter of our names. Flags are up when nothing is in them, in the morning flags are down and we get to see what's in our mailbox until Valentine's.
Here are some things I picked up at Micheal's in the clearance section. I thought these things were cute to put in their mailbox through out the month. It doesn't have to be gifts. I'm not going to do gifts everyday.
This morning they opened them and found a note that said I love you. I'm going to put candies, more love notes, and change to put in their piggy bank. You can get creative with this. I'm hoping that my kids will learn to love one another and know who much we love them. They were so excited last night that they drew pictures for the mailboxes. I thought they would put it in each other's but they put the pictures in their own mailbox. It's the first day. We have a while before they get it.

Do you have any Valentine's traditions?

Also, Imperfectly Beautiful has a great post on another way to decorate Mailboxes for Valentines Day!!

10 comments:

Small House said...

GREAT IDEA....your kids will have so much fun this month!

Kelly said...

Ahhh... I LOVE this!! Happy Wednesday!!

Amanda said...

so cute!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute idea!

quentin hunt said...

are we going to do this again this year?

qhunt said...

are we going to do this again this year?

Peggy said...

I remember this from last year and I wanted to thank you! I had gone out to Target and got the mailboxes immediately . . . the only difference is we leave ours up all year. The boys LOVE getting mail, in their 'lil mailboxes, and leaving love notes for us too! :o)

Thank you again, for a terrific idea (and posting it again for other to see)!

Sonja said...

I love your mailboxes. My kids want to do this again.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

So great! We picked up mailboxes at Target too. The girls are going to decorate them tomorrow and we'll set them out to put little gifts and things in. Love the initials!

Grand Pooba said...

I think I decorated for Valentine's day the first year I was married and that was it.

I wish I had kids to appreciate the decor!

Your's is so cute!!! Makes me want to decorate this year (even if it is a little late in the game)