My ever so entertaining children were discussing there private parts with each other a couple of days ago. When are kids ask what they have and the difference between boys and girls we tell them the real name of their private parts: boys have a penis, and girls have a vagina.
This is how their conversation went: Stella: Gibby has a "peanut" and I have a "china."
Even though we tell them the correct name, they have their own spin on it. In return it gave us a great laugh!!
What's your opinion? Do you tell them the real name, or give them a different name for it?
10 comments:
Too funny. My son says wenis. Girls not yet. I am dreading the day even though it is right around the corner for the talk.
Now that is too hilarious!! I started out teaching the correct terms and then they hear all the slang words from other kids! I like your childrens words. I have found if they know the correct word they will generally use them at the most embarassing moments!!
Ha! Well we have kids, now I'm definately going to call it a peanut and a china!
that's hilarious!
I'm all for teaching them the real words . . . I won't go into any more detail than to say that I could tell some FUNNY stories to you . . .
That is too funny! No kids here so I don't have to worry about these things.
I haven't ran into this yet since my daughter is too little but I'm planning on telling her the technical name not a nickname.
I let them call it what they want...it saves me the embarrassment for now!
For awhile, we had some delicate china in our house too. But one of my boys said "It should be called pagina." (For symmetry.) I answered "I like venis better."
Coming to you through the Dragonfly.
OMG, that is so funny...when my son was little he thought it was "china" too.
We've told them the technical terms, but it didn't stick. What did? Pee-Pee and WooWoo . . . don't know why, but they've stuck.
I do like peanut and china though . . . very cute!
Post a Comment