Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bay Shore 10k Run




Left to Right: Me, Lizelle, Alisha, Krisann, and Holly.
Saturday I got up at 4:40 a.m. and drove to Traverse City with my sister and 3 cousins. We all ran the 10k. I saw all of them at the start and then didn't see them until the end when they were waiting for me! I was nervous because I hadn't trained like I wanted to. I was only up to 3 miles and we had to run 6.2 miles. I paced myself and finished with a time of 1:09. Only 3 minutes slower than last year. I was happy because I didn't get sick like last year and I had fun, ran with some great people and I was able to run the whole time.

Needless to say................ I am so tired and sore though!!!

12 comments:

val m said...

Way to go Kasey!! I am impressed with yout time! Maybe sometime I can do that, but as for now I can barely run 1/2 a mile!!

Anonymous said...

Great job!

Clenece said...

WOW, great job!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Holy Moly...I am impressed. I couldn't make it even a mile. LOL
Great job! Get some rest.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

WTG! That's a great accomplishment!
Hugs.
Kim

alice said...

That's great Kasey!

Small House said...

WOW!! That's great. I could never do that. I'm impressed, and your time was amazing.
Have a great day.
Sandra

Grand Pooba said...

Awesome! Way to go, I couldn't do that!

The Dragonfly said...

Well, you're my hero. I can't even run a 5K without sucking serious wind. Sad, I know, but I blame a bum knee and asthma. (Yeah, we'll go with that.)

Lindsey said...

Awesome job Kase.

Peggy said...

Congratulations! Very impressed with your time too! Way to go!

A friend and I do charity 5Ks, around town, but we walk! Our fastest has been 45 minutes, walking.

Stacey said...

Awesome! And so fun that you got to run it with your family! I need to talk my sisters into running! :)