Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rollercoaster Kind of Day



Not too much exciting happened through out the day. Played with the kids, did my normal routine around the house, etc.

Later Gibson and I went to get our weekly allergy shots at 3:45. After the shots we waited the 15 minutes and then, I ran to Walgreen's down the road to take advantage of their coupon to get a free tote with purchase.
As we were in the store, Gibson starts coughing and scratching his throat, a lot. Oh no. I had one box of cereal, a thing of Tuna Fish and I hurried and paid for the stuff and gt out of there. At this point he was still breathing, talking, and walking fine. I took him back in the office, and marched right on through like I owned the place and say to the nurse: I think he's having a reaction. Instantly, we were put in a room, two nurses and the doctor came in. An Epi shot, 2 doses of Benedryl, and so Prednisone and some wait time with Ranger Rick, we were out the door.

Thank Heavenly Father, my boy will be okay! Allergy shots are no joke!! I am impressed with the staff's promptness. They are always very friendly and nice and Gibson looks forward to get his pokes now! (It could be b/c one of the nurses gives him 3 pennies if he does good for his shots, and she gave him a dime today when he had the shot of epi) 13 cents in one day for a 4 year old isn't too bad!!



Have you gotten your General Mills specially marked boxed cereal yet? I won $5 from a Lucky Charms box. Odds are pretty good. 1 in 10 will win a card marked $5, $10, or $25. Once activated you can use it like a G.C.!!

12 comments:

julie & joe said...

What a scary experience! I'm so glad he was ok.

Lindsey said...

Oh wow...I am glad Gibson is okay.

Femin Susan said...

Glad that Gibson is okay.

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow...what was his reaction too? Glad he is ok.
I haven't looked at the boxes. Hmmm

Small House said...

Good grief, that must have been scary! Glad you didn't mess around, and you took him right back and OWNED THAT PLACE!!

I've had allergy shots. My arm would swell up and itch.

OKAY...I posted my 8 Thing List. And I now realize my kids were right...I'm boring!! BUT...Boring with attitude!

Have a great day.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Gibson was alright. That must have been pretty scary!

Frugal Finds said...

Well that was scary!! I am happy to hear he is back home and doing well!.

val m said...

How scarry for you and Gibson!!! I am glad that it turned out okay.

Proud Mommy said...

Glad your little guy is okay!!!

The Dragonfly said...

As a fellow allergy sufferer, I totally understand! I have such a love/hate relationship with Spring. But I am still sad that your boy is so little and needs the shots - and I'm grateful the doctors were able to help you in a scary situation.

Clenece said...

oh, that is so scary!!! I never want to be in that situition!!!

Glad to see you WON!!! In case you didn't know make sure you use the FULL $5 all at once, otherwise they charge your card a service charge of a $1 (or close to) for every transaction!!! Silly I know!! Best way to GO!!

Vanessa said...

Hope you had a fun weekend and that Q's team WON!$!
Glad Gibson is OK from the shot....thankfully my Jill hasnt had a reaction like that!! She has taken shots for 5 years and last week was the first time it left a little bruise!! SO strange!!