
This year (May) we will celebrate our 6th Anniversary. When we were engaged everyone said that the 1st year will be the hardest. Looking back I'm not so sure if it's the 1st year or is it the first of changes that are the hardest?? Example: Job change/loss, new baby/ moving/ bad health report? I'm curious if you think that saying holds true, the 1st year is the hardest or does it depend on the circumstances? What do you think?
The 1st year of our marriage we nit picked every little thing about each other. Once kids came along, we learned to pick our battles and our time and energy went to the kids. We fought less. It was a stressful time when Q was working out of town for the whole week and would come home on the weekends. That's when I had a 2 year old and a new born. (That's why I'm so tough now!!! Not. )
I'm grateful for the experiences we've had during our journey so far. I'm sure that these are the 1st of many. Our struggles have brought us closer together.
Have you had total bliss in your marriage? What keeps the spark alive? How long have you been married? Do you have a memorable year that you will never forget?
11 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I also wanted to tell you how much I like your blog header!!
Hmmm, well it's seven years for us. During our first year of marriage I kept thinking "Is this really gonna be the hardest?" Because I didn't think it was bad, however looking back now I can see how we've both grown and I can say the first 2 years were the most difficult.
But we haven't had any children so I have no idea how that will change things!
Congrats on your anniversary! (Can't believe you were alone with a 2 yr old and a newborn! props!)
Looking back over the past 13 years, I don't think any one year was harder than another. They were all different kinds of hard for different kinds of reasons. It would be easy to say the year we almost split up was the hardest - and it would seem obvious - but the year preceeding and the year following it were harder than that year. The breakdown and the building back up. The big changes are hard years. The years where nothing seems to go our way. They're all hard. Marriage isn't easy, but it's worth it.
Our first year of marriage was filled with a new baby- so I think we were too freaked out about that to worry about each other! Being high school sweethearts, we have grown up together, and have truely been through "better or worse". Its been 7 years and 3 kids later since we got married and I still catch myself looking at him and remembering how badly I just wanted to be in girlfriend, and how lucky I am to now be his wife. Your husband has always sounded like a doll- so wishing you both 6-0 more years together! Happy Anniversary!
Lucky 13 for us. Total bliss and no fighting the whole time. Ha! Don't you just kinda gag when people talk like this?
Really we've definitely had our ups and downs. One of the most difficult transitions was starting our own business, and Hubby quitting his regular job. Lots of stress and disagreement on the best way to do things.
But everything does help you grow! And we are now 8 years into our business, and 3 years into it being our sole source of income.
My website doesn't count because it's more of a hobby and we haven't broken even yet!
Awww, Happy Anniversary. The first year is hard just with all the adjustments, but throw three kids in there and hectic schedules...you need lots of sceduled date nights. :)
Happy Anniversary :)
Nathan and I will be celebrating 9 years this August.
I am, unfortunately, one of those "gag me" people who thinks it has been "almost" total bliss. Sure, there has been trials that we had to work through together, but that is what is great...we have been able to be together to work through them.
I have to say that my love for him grows more each day. Plus, adding the dimension of seeing him as a great father adds to my love for him.
Hope you have a chance to celebrate!
We have been married 11 years. I don't think any year is any better/worse than the other. With us, it's been what circumstances we have had to go through. But we are best friends so we work through all of our problems.
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
We have been married for 26 years(yes, I was a baby ha ha) We have had good years/days and bad ones. After 26 years of marriage I still have no clue what keeps it going, but something is working.
Maybe: Love, Commitment, compassion, tolerance.
Great new blog look Kasey! And Happy Anniversary. Eric and I will be married 12 years this Sept. I remember our hardest year being the 5th. Don't know why??? Just was. Our first year was great! But we've been through a lot together too, and I'd rather be here with him now, than when we first got married. We've learned so much about eachother and just know eachother so well now, it's only gonna get better. I am definitely more in love with him now :) Here's wishing you many more happy years!!
Post a Comment