Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthdays!!!


It's my birthday today! I'm 28 years old. It's been a good day so far. I got lots of hugs and kisses from my family. A phone call from my Mom who is in Cancun with my sisters, and a phone call from my Dad! He's mister lonely while the girls are having fun in the sun!!! I also got new earphones for my ipod. Now when I run, the ear phones do not fall out.

Birthdays are not as exciting as they used to be for me, I have to admit. When I turned 9 I got my 1st Mountain Bike. When I was 12 I got my ears pierced, 16, driver's license, and so forth. I just don't see another milestone to look forward to like those past years, unless..... I want to be excited about getting qualified for AARP down the road!!!

Today, however, I am grateful for all of my blessings. I never thought that at 28 I'd be as happy as I am now. I'm living the dream I've always wanted. I'm a wife to a very good husband, a Mother to two beautiful children, and a sister who really wants my other sister to get engaged and be married so she can have kids, so I can have a niece or nephew to play with my kids already!!!!!! ( No pressure Derek!!!!)


What was a birthday that you will always remember? Did someone throw you a surprise party? Did you get a gift you thought you'd never get?

18 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Kase! Now, we are the same age for another half of a year!

Hope the rest of your day goes well.

The Kelly Variety said...

Happy birthday!

My best birthday was when I turned eight, I got to go with my parents on a date for me. We saw the Man from Snowy River and ate at Fiesta Ole. I got my picture taken and will probably always remember it.

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday, Kasey! I think I get happier as I get older (maybe cuz I feel 35 anyway...I'll be 28 in June), but I remember my 8th birthday, when I begged for a surprise party and my Mom said we'd talk about it after dance class--and when I got home, all my friends were there and I was so surprised! (Christian will agree--I'm easily surprised).

Katie staten said...

Happy birthday. Is that your cake? Cause it looks great.
My favorite birthday, hmmm, I don't think I can narrow it down to one. 1st I loved that my roommates threw a huge party for me one year, hawaiian theme. It was so fun, and I loved being surrounded by friends. My parents didn't/don't make a huge deal about birthdays, so it was fun to have someone do that for me.
The next one was after we had Luke. To me it was going to be the worst thing in the world to be 30 and not have a child. It happened, and I survived, but it was sure nice to turn 32 and have a beautiful baby boy to celebrate. That year my friends surprised me with the help of my husband, they kidnapped me, and took me out for my birthday. I loved it.

He & Me + 3 said...

Happy Birthday! You are so young!
Have a blessed year!

val m said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I agree about them not being as exciting - I try and deny them now! I hope you have a great day!

heidi said...

Happy Birthday Miss Kasey!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Well happy bday! I turn 28 this year too. Hmm I can't really think of the best birthday I've ever had. I know the worst one, but not the best one. Why is that we tend to always remember the bad?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Happy 28th!!!

Peggy said...

Happy 28th Birthday Kasey!

The birthday that sticks out most of all is the one right after my parents moved to Chicago. Growing up, you could choose your birthday meal. Mine was always cheeseburgers, Mom's potato salad, and corn on the cob. My sister and I decided to keep the tradition for each other and our families, once Mom and Dad moved. My Dad was known for always burning the cheeseburgers (anything on the grill for that matter)! That first birthday, I called my Mom & Dad crying . . . they asked why I was crying and I said, "My birthday dinner was absolutely wonderful! Theresa (my sister) even burned the cheeseburgers, just like Dad does!" My Dad didn't see the humor in it, as much as we did. :o)

Thanks for the little trip down memory lane Kasey, on your birthday. Enjoy your day!

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday. I don't really have a birthday that sticks in my mind. My 18th was a good one. Went out to eat with my college roomates. Wait my 27th birthday last year was the best. I got to bring my daughter home from the hospital for the first time on the 1st. So the 2nd was our first day home together.

Mother Hood said...

Happy Birthday! Your next mile stones will be sagging boobs for the 30th and gray hairs for your 40th and wrinkles for your 50th! ;)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Happy Day after your birthday. 28 huh? Let's see I'm exactly 10 years older until July when I turn 39. *sigh* Trust me there are more milestones, but you may not enjoy them as much! LOL. I loved the cake at the top of your post. Was that your actual cake?
I always make my own cake because I make it better than anyone and if I'm going to have it only once a year it's going to be good. It's a chocolate cake (made from scratch) with peanut butter frosting (also made from scratch) It's soooo good. What kind of cake did you have? These things are very important. Are you sick of reading my really long comment yet? LOL.
Have a great day!!!
Kim

Small House said...

WOOT! WOOT! Happy BIRTHDAY! (a day late darn it)

I have to say I don't have any great birthday stories! I must have them though...I'm getting older.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!! And drag the birthday out for as long as you can:)

Clenece said...

You have the same Birthday as my dad...I should be able to remember that now. Happy Birthday. Hope the day ended well too!

Kasey said...

No, that was not my cake!!! I had a wonderful yellow cake with chocolate frosting!!! The cake that is in the picture is too fancy to eat for me!!

Frugal Finds said...

Birthday!! Sorry it is belated... I am a little behind this week! Hope you had a great day!! I am also p.o'd that you are only 28! Well, I guess more jealous than p.o.'d. Here's to another great year!!
By the way... your cake was beautiful!!