
For quite some time we have been having trouble with Stella going #2 on the potty. She'll start to go, tell us when it's too late and then we'll usually end up changing her panties or throwing them out!!
Earlier in the day: Coming home from church we were listening to Billy Joel's Greatest Hits. Stella loves him! She loves to sing, "Up Town Girl," and "For the Longest Time."
This afternoon she had one of her accidents and very seriously looks at me and asks, " Is Billy Joely mad at me Mom?" Yes, Stella, Billy Joely is very sad and he says this is going on for the longest time!!!! ( I sang that sentence like the song!) We both got a laugh.
The thing is, she knows better. She just is lazy. She'll be 3 next month. These "accidents" have been happening for two months now. Last night when she had another accident we put her to bed an hour early. Obviously time outs, taking away privileges, early bedtimes, and telling her Elmo and Billy Joel are sad, are not effective ways of teaching her not to do that again.
I need your help. Got any ideas? Gibson was so much easier potty training than her!
7 comments:
No advice here...my kids are nearly 4 and 5 and we still have issues occasionally! Good luck...
I wish I had some tips for you, but Jadyn was easy to train just like Gibson.
I have heard that it is effective to make Stella actually clean up her mess. Make her do the laundry, etc....it will get old really quick and hopefully she will see it is just easier to take the time to go to the bathroom.
Sorry.... I can't help you. Only furry kids here.
This is so hard. My daughter has gotten lazy lately too, and it's so annoying! I don't have any great tips - just hang in there!
HA! We have this problem with our girl, but she is very "words of affirmation" responsive, so whenever she did go on the potty, we did a poop dance - seriously, we did. We jumped up and down, gave high fives, the whole nine yards! It works with her.
By the way, my dad used to play me those two billy joel songs and I LOVED it! :)
No advice here either. We still have fun messes! Everywhere!
I used to keep a tube of mini M & M's for my son. When he would go #2 on the potty I would give him some M & M's (not the whole tube, mind you). He loved it and it worked! Hope it might help.
Karol :0)
Post a Comment