Thursday, February 26, 2009
No good, very bad day!
I'm trying really hard to not have the attitude of my title to this post!! It's been a day though. Kids have been hyper and naughty. I don't know what it is, but it has got to stop. I'm going to pull another face like this:
oh wait I already did! Just wanted to give you a visual! I think it's the end of winter blahs. Sickness has been in and out of the house, can't play outside because of the cold, wet weather. I need ideas. I can only read so many books, play so many games, etc. What do you do to pass the time with your kids? What do you enjoy doing with them so you don't make a face like mine? I hope you are having a very good, very awesome day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I get a sitter and go out by myself to recover. :)
I also have been known to pull out a bin of hidden toys or the dreaded playdoh.
Quiet time in the rooms helps too.
I like your funny face in this post! It made me smile.
WE are off to the dollar movie. Sanity for me. lOL
Oh no! I hope things get better!
I'm right there with you! I'm SO sick of being sick! The 3 year old has been so anal lately. The baby can't make a move without his big bro micro-managing him! It's driving me crazy!
I think we just need to get better so we can get out of this house!
I am right there with you!! I am so ready for sunshine and warm weather and green!!! I think burning a citrus candle helps me a little. I also like to start thinking about Easter decor - it cheers me up!
I send mine to school. NO HELP AM I?!
I had a book that I used when they were small it was called something like "365 tv free activities". I'd pull a few of those ideas out. But then it was a lot of work for me.
We used to make a blanket tent, pop popcorn, and watch a movie after lunch. It usually gave me a minute to read or nap.
OH GOOD LUCK! I have forgotten how tired I was with small children. But I now realize how wonderful it was!
Have a good day.
Sandra
Lol! Been there! Hang in there!
Sorry to hear your day was so rough. I am lucky that both of my girls nap at the same time: break for me!
For sanity during the winter: I try to go somewhere everyday. Playgroups, library, shopping, etc.
Oh, whenever Jadyn has a little too much energy, I turn on music and we dance.
I don't have kids but recently when I watched 2 little ones I did shrunken heads & sand art. The parents laughed & said it was too "old fashioned" but the kids loved it. ~Mary
I've got nothing (but craziness) for you! I did love your face though.
You are too funny! Enjoy them, they grow up so fast.
My kids always liked making forts in the house.
Can you plan some playdates? My kids love going to someone else's house, because it means new toys to play with. Chances are your friends are also feeling the same way, so if you go there and then they come over to you, everyone wins!
My kids were making me nuts, too. ALl the illness and being cooped up in the house - I think we all needed a break from one another. So, I was a bit selfish this weekend and took off alone or with only 1-2 kids the last 3 days. It was necessary and now we can all stand each other again. :-)
LOL! That pic is great!
Post a Comment