Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Could it get any better?

1. It was over 60 degrees today. Sunny and beautiful. A lot of the snow has melted. I was able to have the heat OFF today. In February in Michigan that's almost unheard of!!!

2. I was able to go out for a run in capris and a tee shirt. Trying to catch my son on his bike. What a great work out.

3. I bought some Dove conditioner at Target that I will later get for free by mailing in the receipt for a reabte. I then found some Glade oil candles on sale for $3.99. I had 2\ $3 off one candle coupons. I got 2 Glade oil candles for .99 cents a piece!! I also bought Little Critters Vitamins for the kids. They had their first ones today. Success, they love them!!

4. We went to get our weekly allergy shots and I have been speaking to the wonderful staff there and they are getting excited about saving money too!! I would love to sit down with you all and explain it more for you. 5 minutes just isn't enough time.

5. I went to Walgreen's today with my Mother in law and the kids. The total before coupons and rebates was $36. After coupons and rebates and a really helpful cashier my total came to.......... $7.00!!!! I was so excited. I got the Ensure for free with $3 overage once my rebate comes back and the Kids Essentials was free ( I had a $14.00 coupon off one box) and the Colgate was free. So the peanut butter and cereal is what I paid for!! Not bad considering before coupons and sales each box was marked at $4.49.
8. It makes me happy to be able to share with you some links that will help you become frugal like this and find some great deals. All it takes is a few minutes.

* Good or Free Deals

* Common Sense with Money

* Consumer Queen

* Coupon Cravings

* Frugal Finds

* Coupon Mom

There are many more. These are the ones I check often. What are some of your favorite frugal/savings sites? I'm always looking for deals!!!

12 comments:

Xazmin said...

I'm jealous of your weather! It snowed again here today and yesterday! I'm ready for flowers! Enough winter already!

Anonymous said...

We are having beautiful weather here in NC too. Record highs in the 70s. I am afraid that it won't last. Sounds like you got some great deals. I am just getting into the coupon thing. A lady at church is teaching us about saving money. Thanks for posting those sites.

He & Me + 3 said...

Yes, this michigan weather was delightful the past two days. I love your deals...great job! I am a deal lover too.

Small House said...

THANK YOU! I'll be sharing these at Enrichment tomorrow night. We are having a "Pinching your Pennies" evening.
Have a great day!
Sandra

Kellye said...

It has been beautiful here too. Don't you just love the anticipation and sneak peek at spring?

I too absolutely love the whole Walgreens and CVS with coupons business. It makes me so excited. I told my husband that if I am going to have a hobby, saving money is a pretty good one.

We should really chat and share deals. Just FYI too, go over to Thrify and Chic Mom, you will love her and Keeping the Kingdom First has a weekly CVS $5 Challenge, where everybody posts what they got a CVS this week for less than $5. It makes it so much easier to plan your trips!!

Happy shopping!!

Kellye

val m said...

Kasey, what a fun post!! Isn't it amazing how it really is the little things that makes us happy! I love your cheerful attitude, working out today with you just made me happy, and I don't use work out and happy in the same sentence very often! Thanks for being so awesome!

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh, you are a genius! Thank you thank you for the links, I've always wondered how people do that! I clip coupons in the mail but there's not much.

It must be a tall thing (hating shopping) you're right it is so frustrating because nothing ever fits! And way to go on knocking some kid to the ground! That's awesome!

alice said...

Wow, what great deals! Thanks for sharing the links. We had rain today. I am so looking forward to weather in the 70s.

Proud Mommy said...

Great deals!!! Another site I check often is RefundCents.com. I love a good deal and when it is FREE or they PAY me to take it out of their store.....I get way too excited!!!! It's hard to believe I was enjoying the same weather you were and now as I sit here it is snowing with 50 mph winds.....I want the 60's back with sunshine!!!

Frugal Finds said...

Thank you for the plug!!! You got great deals today!!!

Shauntel said...

My sister-in-law has a blog called the Bargain Jargon (www.thebargainjargon.blogspot.com) and always has great deals and insights and such!

Clenece said...

I don't know how i missed this post...lol...i do that sometimes! Great job on your good deals. I love seeing others post pictures of what they got!

p.s.Thanks for the Link