Monday, January 5, 2009

What a Day, Again!!

Just another Manic Monday........whoa, whoa, that's not fun day........................ that's the song that was in my head all day. It felt like I was on a roller coaster. Have you ridden one lately?

This morning started out great. Gibson went back to school, the morning routine was down I have new followers on my blog, wonderful, and I won an letter initial from Karol's blog and got some awesome coupons in the mail along with a ziploc vacuum thingy with some bags for free!!!!

I had to make a call to a woman we were supposed to visit teach through our church. I'm not good at this but thought I'd give it a try. She politly said, "take me off the list, you people keep calling me." I"m not a scary person, really.

Then I was all geeked to go to the local grocery store to take advantage of their $1.77 deals on Cheerios and Total brand cereals. I spent the previous night on the computer printing coupons for these deals to get even a better steal!! I like to be frugal with my food. I'd rather spend my money else where!!


Any hoo, I take the kids with me and we get the deals I had planned out to get. I"m ready to pay and hand the cashier the coupons and he drops the bomb: I'm sorry Mam, we don't take internet coupons. What??? The crazy thing was, I was just there a couple of weeks ago using internet coupons and he said that the no internet coupon policy has been there for a long time. So with two squirmy kids and three people behind me I decide to pay for it anyway. It still was a good deal but I could have saved another $10. Aghhhhhhhhhhhh!!


And those dang cookies kept calling me back to the jar, "Come on Kasey, one more ain't going to hurt ya!" I think cookies are the devil. I wouldn't make them except for my husband loves them and requests them all of the time so if all it takes is cookies to make him happy, I'm in!!! He tried to hide them but somebody found them! Hmmmmmm, who could that be????
After eating the cookie, the voice inside my head says, "Today on the lips, and tomorrow on the hips." Shut up. I know, I know what you're thinking, will power. Sorry to disappoint ya but, I'm lacking in that as of now.

We were getting into the car and Stella fell on her back and head on our driveway. She slipped on ice. Scary, but she's okay.

Fed up with my eating habbits we went to a YMCA to check it out and see if it is a good fit for our family. I"ll show those cookies who's boss. I think we'll join. It's a good investment for our health, physically and mentally. I don't think I get out of the house enough so this is a good way to do that!!

Afterwards we went to Walgreens to get more deals. I like to go alone shopping because with all these coupons I use now, I need focus and concentration. Shopping with coupons isn't as easy as it looks, especially if you shop at Walgreens. You can use two coupons for one item. Gets tricky.

To end my rollercoaster ride I got 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream for free with my coupons!!! Don't worry, they are Q's. He knows he has a time limit to eat those goodies before someone else gets their hands on it!!!


I remember my word for New Year's: Attitude. My attitude is fine. Tomorrow's another day, a new day, a better day. Chin up!!

14 comments:

Kacey said...

Those evil, evil cookies! I think they just like our name. ;>)

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya! I'm working on that willpower, as well. :) I'm a Michigan mom, also, near the Lake. It's been terribly icy here too! My rugrats love sliding on it, but it makes me a nervous wreck! Hope your Tuesday goes a lot smoother...

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..what a busy day of finding deals..but you seem to do a great job with it! Why do cookies talk?
-sandy toe

Holly said...

Cookies are evil! I have left over christmas cookies that have been taunting me everytime I opened the pantry. I finally pulled them out and ordered the hubby to finish them already! He diligently had a few. If they are not gone when I go to bed tonight they are going in the trash!

Oh and hubby and I both joined up at the YMCA ( Torrance CA ) last year. We had to move, but it was a very cool gym. I will warn you that its kind of busy this time of year... but not as crazy in a few weeks!

And, finally, thanks for the comment on my blog! =)

heidi said...

I think there are mind control, like, preservatives or something inside of cookies. I can't have them in the house either. Or potato chips. They are the devil's tool. Yes indeed.

Hope today is better! Glad Stella is ok.

Jenni said...

Hi Kasey~
What is it about Mondays? (We had one of those yesterday, too!) I was wondering, do you play "the Grocery Game"? I am really impressed by all of you who take the extra time to clip/print coupons, and am thinking about all that unnecessary money we put toward food...Ugh!

You cracked me up about the cookie thing! For me, soda is the devil! (Especially Coke!) But...I do hope you got to use your coupons at Walgreens! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your blog, and your header is great! :)

val m said...

I am so happy that you are joining the Y! We will have to meet there! I really need help with my goal! I love cookies too! I am not going to cut them completely out of my life, so this is my new plan! I will make cookies, but only cook up a dozen. Then you can scoop the rest and put them on a cookie sheet and freeze them long enough to hold shape and then take them off the sheet and into a zip lock bag them. You can just put the dough in the fridge, but I love the dough more than the cookie! We'll see if it works!

Lindsey said...

That does sound like a rough day...hope today has been going better.

I made pumpkin muffins yesterday night and they are almost all gone!...they are kind of healthy, right?

Katie staten said...

Can a person ever eat just one cookie? I think not. One piece of cake, one cinnamon roll, one piece of pie, yes, it's doable. But one cookie? I can't do it. (As if you couldn't tell that already). Mmmmmmmm.

The Dragonfly said...

I'm with you on the cookies sister! I weighed myself at the gym last night (don't own a scale) and found that I'd gained a lovely 5 pounds just over Thanksgiving and Christmas . . . all because of those darn cookies!

But way to go on the great deals/coupons! I need to be more like that.

Derek Thompson said...

Good job with the coupons! Good luck with the cookies I just don't make them anymore, its like every time I see or think about cookies my butt gets 2X's bigger. You are a great wife for making them for your husband.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming over and leaving a comment. I love new blog friends. And comments always make me smile. I really think you should consider getting a Wii. It's a wonderful family fun activity.

I love your banner picture. That is way too cute!

Vanessa said...

Cookies are evil! Especially the mint chocolate ones they have now that are the refrigerated kind. Even the raw cookie dough is good. (Sigh!) I guess that is why I do Boot Camp. Burns those calories up!

Sounds like you have been BUSY! I need to do an update on my blog. (sigh again....) I will get to it soon! I think my word for the year is Balance!!

Clenece said...

Way to go on your deals. For some reason my coupons from Ben & Jerry's never came. =( so no ice cream for me!